Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Multivitamin from NTP Nutrition Clinic
CREATED: 05/18/09 by dwitt616 REPLIES: 4
dwitt616's ravatar dwitt616    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 50
Multivitamin from NTP Nutrition Clinic
POSTED: 5/18/09 11:39 AM

So, I confess - I didn't bring a pen to the nutrition clinic and I've forgotten what was the name of the multivitamin she suggested. She touted it because it was a local brand and was specific to both men and women.

Does anyone remember the name?

sandyc's ravatar sandyc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 288
RE: Multivitamin from NTP Nutrition Clinic
POSTED: 5/18/09 12:58 PM

It was www.scienceforhealth.com

trisha's ravatar trisha    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 130
POSTED: 5/20/09 1:38 PM

I was pretty intrigued by what she said about regular multivitamins being so compressed that they can't dissolve in your GI tract, but looked up this company and they're on the FDA list for having found lead in their children's vitamins which certainly doesn't impress me either.

I have been thinking about starting to take vitamins (or at least calcium) and wonder: does anyone take vitamins regularly and/or have a strong opinion about them? like/dislike specific brands?

gtreynolds    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 19
POSTED: 5/20/09 3:48 PM

I was meaning to ask whether there were any helpful handouts from this for those of us who didn't make it...but it sounds like the answer is "no"?

carrieacampbell    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 128
POSTED: 5/20/09 6:40 PM

Trisha,

Consumer Reports did testing of major brands of vitamins to see how well they are absorbed & they found One a Day to be best. I take their women's formula. I also take Trader Joe's Calcium with Magesium. It is in a green food base. When taking Calcium, remember that the body has to have vit D & Magnesium with it in order to absorb the calcium. Also, the body can only absorb 500mg of calcium at once so if your supplement has more than that in one pill, it will just be eliminated. Hope this helps!

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria