Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Indoor pool in Old Town?
CREATED: 02/23/11 by mildmanneredreporter REPLIES: 6
mildmanneredreporter's ravatar mildmanneredreporter    JOINED: 8/20/09    POSTS: 26
Indoor pool in Old Town?
POSTED: 2/23/11 9:45 PM

Thinking of making the move across the river to Alexandria. Will miss the Wilson Pool! Any locals have any suggestions for indoor swimming in or near Old Town?

Thanks!

Gary

msteponk's ravatar msteponk    JOINED: 1/5/11    POSTS: 16
RE: Indoor pool in Old Town?
POSTED: 2/24/11 7:32 AM

The Rixse Pool at Chinquapin Rec Center on King Street near TC Williams HS is pretty good- 8 lanes. They do have classes and swim team practices there, so it can be a bit crowded, but I've not had to wait more than a couple minutes to get into a lane.

bmship    JOINED: 12/7/09    POSTS: 7
POSTED: 2/24/11 8:28 AM

I swim at the Y in Del Ray. It usually has only 2 lanes open for laps, but 4 early morning and late evening. I usually do not have to wait, but it can get crowded with families on the weekend.

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1714
POSTED: 2/24/11 10:35 AM

There's also the Mt. Vernon Rec Ctr pool in Belle Haven, Alexandria, at 2017 Belle View Boulevard, (703) 768-3224. Like Chinquapin, has a solid master's team.

And the Old Town pool during the summer: http://alexandriava.gov/Pool

A large group of clubbers swims at the Xsport pool.

cbattin00    JOINED: 6/15/09    POSTS: 28
POSTED: 2/24/11 10:39 AM

There's also the pool at Xsport on King St by 395. Usually not very crowded, I rarely have to share lanes even after work. But you have to be a gym member.

mildmanneredreporter's ravatar mildmanneredreporter    JOINED: 8/20/09    POSTS: 26
POSTED: 2/24/11 12:41 PM

All - thanks very much for the tips! These are great.

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 702
POSTED: 2/24/11 4:22 PM

And yes, watch out for the water aerobics ladies on Tues 7 Thurs nights from 6:30p-8:30p at Chinquapin (Rixse Pool) - they cause quite a whirlpool and take up 3 lanes no matter how many of them are in the pool - they have shall I say - attitude and entitlement issues.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria