DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

We really should do a TTT
CREATED: 07/07/09 by vatriathlete REPLIES: 33
trithis73's ravatar trithis73    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 525
RE: We really should do a TTT
POSTED: 7/08/09 9:09 AM

Justin,

I don't think we shouldn't do it. I think we should teach and practice before doing this. Just to jump in is what I am not agreeing with. TTT is a serious event, and you need to know your fellow cyclist that you ride with. Now I see no problem with a 2 man TT, but again we need to teach the concept of more than one person TT. I am all for practicing with some people and growing up to that, but I won't just jump in, just to do it. I do a lot outside the perameters of Triathlon training, and am alway sup for something new.

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
POSTED: 7/08/09 9:20 AM

i'm officially done with this idea.

This is the wrong crowd to pitch this idea to as noted by the responses.

If you go back to earlier posts I already suggested practice, finding people you are comfortable with, etc. again nobody liked the idea.

This idea is better suited to a road racing forum board.

Eric's ravatar Eric    JOINED: 8/18/04    POSTS: 275
POSTED: 7/08/09 9:55 AM

vatriathlete - I think you should come down and ride with the group on T/Th mornings down at Hains Point. It's FREE and it's a great workout. Plus you'll get to work as a team to roll around the point at some blistering paces. I can certainly set an "interval" time on my power meter. Maybe we'll see you down there?

POSTED: 7/08/09 10:26 AM

won't see me down there that early, in the afternoon maybe, morning never.

also right now i don't have the fitness to do this type of workout with this crew, this is where picking your TTT partners is essential as others have mentioned. unless you have only been riding for 2 weeks your fitness is not at my current level.

Eric's ravatar Eric    JOINED: 8/18/04    POSTS: 275
POSTED: 7/08/09 10:40 AM

Well- I say pick your own team and go down anytime. We can make this work virtually right? Just POST your FINISH TIME, DATE, and 5 TEAM MEMBERS here when you've completed it. Let's say 5 person teams, 3 FULL long loops at HP (start/finish doesn't matter as long as you go around a complete 3 loops-- about 16.8 miles), and last person on the team is the official time (just to make it more fair and more inclusive).
SOUND GOOD?

AndyJB444's ravatar AndyJB444    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 401
POSTED: 7/08/09 10:49 AM

A TTT at Hains Point in the AM would be sketchy, but in the afternoon with all the cars, runners, rollerbladers, etc. would just be suicide. Suck it up, drink some coffee and get up early.

POSTED: 7/08/09 10:49 AM

this could work.

i suggest this change, 4 person teams, finish time goes off of 3rd person finishing. 3 short loops to cut down on turn arounds.

3 divisions.

1. all male
2. all female
3, mixed. 1 person from opposite gender has to finish in the top 3 of the team to count, if not and 3 finish the same gender, then you either go off of the 4th person time to get the "mixed" results or you convert it over to the other 2 divisions.

sound good?

pserfass's ravatar pserfass    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 439
POSTED: 7/08/09 1:08 PM

bring it!

nomisdc's ravatar nomisdc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 615
POSTED: 7/08/09 3:15 PM

How about an NFL Draft Combine competition:
http://www.nfl.com/combine/workouts

POSTED: 7/08/09 3:23 PM

we can score this like a decathlon

score your results of the combine like they do with all the events in teh decathlon.

the "1500 meter" run at the end of a decathlon would be the TTT for us.

that way depending on your score you could win teh entire competition based on either event or both combined depending on your strengths or weaknessess.

siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1064
POSTED: 7/09/09 12:55 PM

I'd love to do a TTT, but unless you can keep up with the 37mph I typically average on the third loop, I'm going to have a hard time fielding a team.

POSTED: 7/09/09 1:23 PM

if you are averaging 37 for the entire 10 miles you don't need a TTT team.

you need to try out for the US national team

Herminator's ravatar Herminator    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 17
POSTED: 7/09/09 1:24 PM

Who thinks that Travis has either been spiking his Wheaties with EPO or is in desparate need of a cycling computer re-calibration???

POSTED: 7/09/09 1:27 PM

I want to be on a TTT with Herm, that will make it very easy for me to draft off of him..

however, only herm's shins will get a draft affect if he is behind me.

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria