Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Patriot's Int'l Swim
CREATED: 08/26/09 by breeyag REPLIES: 3
breeyag's ravatar breeyag    JOINED: 4/13/09    POSTS: 17
Patriot's Int'l Swim
POSTED: 8/26/09 7:19 AM

Has anyone done the Patriot's Half/Int'l/Sprint Swim? Can you give a quick description of the James River? Setup Events describes it as "brackish." I'm signed up for the Int'l on Sep 13, but it doesn't look like I will have a chance to get down there for a practice swim. Thanks!

Rish

AndyJB444's ravatar AndyJB444    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 401
RE: Patriot's Int'l Swim
POSTED: 8/26/09 9:11 AM

Expect to get wet! ;)

wombat's ravatar wombat    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 266
POSTED: 8/26/09 9:29 AM

I am doing the half on Saturday. I expect the water to be similar to the brackish water out at Sandy Point - slightly salty with poor visibility, i.e. cannot see your hand when it's fully extended in front of you. I am heading down there over Labor Day weekend to ride the course. If swimming is allowed, I'll jump in and let you know how it is.

Unsolicited tip: whenever I get out of salty waters, I always want a little something sweet to get rid of the salty taste in my mouth. I'll have a small piece of candy ready to go in transition, being careful not to accidentally choke on it during the bike. On second thought, maybe I should just take a swig of soda while in T1 . . .

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1773
POSTED: 8/26/09 10:13 AM

Personally, I like a swig of Listerine after such a swim...

About the race:

http://www.setupevents.com/?fuseaction=event_detail&eventID=1138

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria