Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4   Next Page

Savageman Training Weekend
CREATED: 07/07/09 by jules REPLIES: 72
jules    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 110
Savageman Training Weekend
POSTED: 7/07/09 4:50 PM

Savageman Training weekend: Join us for a weekend of fun....and a little suffering....as we tackle the hills of Deep Creek Lake! The club is organizing a training weekend in Deep Creek the weekend of August 8th - 9th. We will head up on Friday night and spend Saturday and Sunday riding the course, running, and swimming. Campsites have been reserved but you are welcome to stay in a hotel if you prefer....feel free to come for all or part of the weekend. This is great practice for any of you doing a hilly triathlon this year (Timberman, Savageman, IM Louisville/Wisconsin). Post here if you want to join the fun!

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 966
RE: Savageman Training Weekend
POSTED: 7/07/09 9:20 PM

I would. It's gorgeous up there and definitely a challenging ride that is great for training, but this is the weekend before my hell tri-weekend (Luray Oly Saturday and NETri Oly on Sunday), so I think I'll pass.

But I would highly recommend doing the training weekend to anyone else. It's a great course (the Savageman Oly that is, don't get me started on how humbled I was by the Savageman Half course) and a great area to go that is not that far away.

trithis73's ravatar trithis73    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 525
POSTED: 7/08/09 7:32 AM

Now this sounds like fun. When you say camping. We are tlaking tents and crap like that right??? Just making sure, because peoples idea of camping seems to be different than mine.

jpacovich's ravatar jpacovich    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 27
POSTED: 7/09/09 3:47 PM

I'm in! Sounds like fun... now if I could only find that tent...

ssinclai's ravatar ssinclai    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 45
POSTED: 7/09/09 3:47 PM

I'd like to RSVP.

Thanks,

Shelly-Ann Sinclair

POSTED: 7/09/09 3:49 PM

Oh yeah, and how many spots / campsites do we have, etc??? I'll probably have a +1, perhaps +2.

ambrady    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 38
POSTED: 7/09/09 4:17 PM

That sounds great. I will join. Anne Marie Brady

themoneyman's ravatar themoneyman    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 18
POSTED: 7/09/09 4:23 PM

jules    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 110
POSTED: 7/09/09 4:52 PM

Just let us know how many people you have and we can reserve more spots if needed. And yes, we mean real camping....not just a cheap hotel :)

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1059
POSTED: 7/09/09 5:38 PM

Jules, your timing couldn't have been any better. I'll be up in Deep Creek already for a week of vacation. It'll be great to meet up with everyone and put an end to my off-season.

phillybindc's ravatar phillybindc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 18
POSTED: 7/10/09 2:03 PM

As Kramer would say, "Giddy Up!" Count me in and sign me up! Woo Hooo!!

Can someone bring a guitar so we can sing Cat Stevens songs by the campfire??

trithis73's ravatar trithis73    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 525
POSTED: 7/10/09 8:09 PM

Jules,

I am in. I don't have a tent, but then again I own a Honda Element. I can just sleep in it.

Mark

philotri's ravatar philotri    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 253
POSTED: 7/10/09 8:30 PM

I think Lawrence and I are going to be in. If that changes, I'll give you an update.

Delnora's ravatar Delnora    JOINED: 3/16/09    POSTS: 10
POSTED: 7/11/09 1:56 PM

Wow - this sounds awesome. Just signed my husband and I up for that race. Last weekend we went and rode the course. Tough.

Unfortunately my high school class reunion interferes with this training weekend. O/w would be there!

cfudge1    JOINED: 3/4/09    POSTS: 98
POSTED: 7/14/09 5:37 PM

Can you share any more details on what the training plan is for that weekend?

POSTED: 7/15/09 9:25 AM

The training plan should be rigorous, with lots of open-water swimming (hopefully)!

Anyone planning on doing the NE Regional tri the following weekend? I start my pre-race taper once we're done swim/bike/run on Sunday!

cfudge1    JOINED: 3/4/09    POSTS: 98
POSTED: 7/15/09 11:48 AM

I'd like to join!

xena's ravatar xena    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 138
POSTED: 7/15/09 12:28 PM

I'm thinking about it, but I'm more of a rent a house, get a hotel room kind of girl.

I only like camping when it applies to Duke Nukem. or Quake. Ahhhh college.

kyleyost's ravatar kyleyost    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 34
POSTED: 7/15/09 10:06 PM

If there is demand for a cheap rental house near the State Park, the folks with a cabin across the street from ours at DCL often rent it to me for cheap when I need extra bedrooms for training weekends. I don't know whether it's available that weekend, but if there's enough interest it has 4 bedrooms and will run probably about $300 for the weekend. It's on Brant Rd near the run-course turnaround and less than 1/2 mile from the State Park campgrounds. It's also on the cove where you want to do your open water swimming.

No promises, but I can inquire if there is enough interest for 4 bedrooms.

POSTED: 7/15/09 10:19 PM

Kyle - I'd be interested in going in with you on the rental cabin... sounds like the perfect place to stay over the weekend.

~ John

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria