Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

Many, many thanks to the DC Tri crew
CREATED: 06/20/10 by janiehayes REPLIES: 21
stivnik's ravatar stivnik    JOINED: 1/11/10    POSTS: 43
RE: Many, many thanks to the DC Tri crew
POSTED: 6/22/10 1:34 PM

Thanks to all the race day volunteers for your support before, during, and after the race. As my first triathlon (sprint newbie) I was amazed by the shear logistics for staging this race. What an event, and what a venue: our city provided an amazing backdrop for this incredible sport. It felt great to be a part of it and the race day volunteers make it possible.

I also want to thank DC Tri for organizing the practice Du's and track workouts:

Hugh - thanks for organizing the training du's. I made it to two events, involuntarily volunteering for one when I got a pre-race flat. But I learned a valuable lesson that day: be ready for anything, and it's fun to volunteer.

Hillary: thanks for sending out a continuous stream of spam reminding us to hydrate before, during, and after our Renegade Strider workouts. Not only did we hydrate, but we also improved our VO2 max while dodging lacrosse balls, which turned out to be good training for the swim leg;)

Thanks, DC Tri, and hope to see some of you next month at PeasantMan! Good luck in your upcoming races!

Plyometrically,
S.Kelley

alya72's ravatar alya72    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 49
RE: Many, many thanks to the DC Tri crew
POSTED: 6/25/10 3:58 PM

My thanks also to all the DC Tri people out along the course. It is definitely more fun to race in your hometown, and our club clearly is second to none in enthusiasm! Special thanks to the people at the DC Tri water stop on the run-I felt dead going through there, and hearing my name and cheers propped me up! Special thanks to Sandy for letting me know Emma and Greg were waiting to cheer me on just around the corner!

Amy

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria