Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Nation's Triathlon
CREATED: 03/30/09 by Chad REPLIES: 7
Chad's ravatar Chad    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 116
Nation's Triathlon
POSTED: 3/30/09 11:44 AM

I just got another text from Nation's Tri saying they are almost sold out...is it just me or does anyone else find it extremely irritating to get texts from a race that you didn't authorize to use your cell phone as an advertising tool in addition to being on a limited texting plan and having them take up your texts when you don't want them in the first place?

I mean emails, fine I signed up for the race and emails are free....but text messages...come on...it is just irritating...to me anyway...

dctexan's ravatar dctexan    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 68
RE: Nation's Triathlon
POSTED: 3/30/09 12:56 PM

Ditto.

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1752
POSTED: 3/30/09 1:57 PM

It is.

I'd email organizer Charles Bronsky about it.

dctexan's ravatar dctexan    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 68
POSTED: 3/30/09 2:00 PM

I'd email Bill Brasky about it.

JBalser    JOINED: 4/15/09    POSTS: 4
POSTED: 4/29/09 12:00 AM

So it appears that this event is closed. Does anyone know of a way to get an entry. I am new to multisport and was looking forward to signing up for this one after I finished the Duathlon Nationals. You know, as like a next goal sort of thing. Any help would be great.

Also I feel I am up for the challenge of an olympic size but would like to try a sprint first. Any ideas?

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1752
POSTED: 4/29/09 7:57 AM

If you can pay, ask for a charity slot.

siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1062
POSTED: 4/29/09 8:38 AM

Nation's is full and right now the only way in is with a Team in Training charity slot. They are recruiting for those events right now so you can find dates for their informational meetings on their website.

Another thought is to sign up for the ITU race in June. There is a sprint and and Olympic distance race and the race course is similar to Nation's. [b][url=http://www.washingtondc-triathlon.org/]Dextro Energy Triathlon, Wash. DC][/b]. Don't be confused - the pro race is in the afternoon and the morning's amateur race is NOT draft legal.

And then if you need another goal after that, sign up for North East Tri and join us at the club championship race.

How do you like that.... Now you're whole season is planned ahead for you ;)

sdolge's ravatar sdolge    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 10
POSTED: 4/29/09 10:17 AM

I have three more slots to The Nation's Tri which I am selling in conjunction with a group training program. Details are here: http://www.secondwindtraining.com/triathlon.php.

If you are interested, feel free to let me know.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria