Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

new in bladensburg,MD
CREATED: 12/18/13 by Hcjosh REPLIES: 2
Hcjosh    JOINED: 12/16/13    POSTS: 4
new in bladensburg,MD
POSTED: 12/18/13 10:30 PM

Hi everyone, I am so excited to join the club.I have never done a tri, I have done bike events and feel very comfortable in my cycling, My running is coming along well, I need some practice or guidance in swimming. I have done a bike/swim event and run several races. I'm looking forward to meeting, training, racing,and supporting you all!!
Josh F

kst718's ravatar kst718    JOINED: 8/29/11    POSTS: 95
RE: new in bladensburg,MD
POSTED: 12/19/13 8:20 AM

Welcome! We are *sorta* neighbors - I live in Anacostia. It's a great neighborhood for training, thanks to the hills and trails through Fort Dupont. Have you used the Deanwood pool yet? I just moved to the neighborhood and am on the hunt for more places to train. Let me know if you'd like to do a run along the river. I bet there are more DC Tri Clubbers in the neighborhood than we think. If you're looking to improve your swimming, I recommend the masters program (though since I'm one of the coaches, I'm a bit biased!). We practice at Wilson and UDC but stay tuned for more locations to be announced early next year.

--Katie

Hcjosh    JOINED: 12/16/13    POSTS: 4
RE: new in bladensburg,MD
POSTED: 12/20/13 12:38 PM

Hi Katie,
So good to hear from you,we are *sorta* neighbors. I ride down by the river all the time,and around anacostia. I have not tried dean wood pool yet,actually I forgot that was there, just be careful if you go there(not a great neighborhood). I would love to go for a run by the river with you, it's so nice to meet people with the same interests(my friends aren't really onto my training,lol) So I guess email me-trijoshhc@yahoo.com we can set something up. Btw which masters program do you teach morning or evening? Look forward to meeting you.
Josh

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria