Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

women's saddles?
CREATED: 05/19/09 by afava REPLIES: 4
afava's ravatar afava    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 251
women's saddles?
POSTED: 5/19/09 9:31 AM

any favorites or advice on women's saddles? the one that came on my bike is NOT working for me. thanks!

catgold's ravatar catgold    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 87
RE: women's saddles?
POSTED: 5/19/09 10:49 AM

That is a common problem. The saddles that come with bikes are terrible.

I recommend going to a bike shop and having them help you figure out the size saddle that fits you. They have these neat boards that you sit on that take an impression of your pelvic bones.

Jody at Conte's helped me. I think that saddles are so personal that it is hard to give a recommendation.

Good luck.

rah2774's ravatar rah2774    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 240
POSTED: 5/19/09 11:01 AM

I agree - I've got a couple saddles from my bikes (and that were given to me by male friends to try)... ugh!

I've got Terry saddles on both my bikes. Sure the butterfly is a bit girly, but I like them a lot (they work for me).

But, i agree with Cat - go to a shop and spend some quality time trying them out (which is not exactly a flattering process, but important) - what I like may not work for you.

good luck!

suzkinsky's ravatar suzkinsky    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 121
POSTED: 5/19/09 1:44 PM

I'm another fan of Terry - I have the Butterfly on my road bike and the tri version on my racing bike. There's something about the brushed leather material that makes me "stick" to the saddle instead of sliding all over with other saddles.

Also keep in mind that saddle discomfort is often not about the saddle itself but the way that it's positioned. You might want to experiment with tilting the nose of the saddle up or down or moving the saddle back and forth. When it comes to saddles, the teeny tiniest adjustment can mean a huge difference in comfort, so when I suggest moving the saddle I mean nudging it an itsy bitsy bit. You can usually tell quickly if an adjustment made the problem better or worse, so it's pretty easy to commit 30 minutes or so to a ride where you stop every few miles to made a tiny adjustment - ride a few more miles, make another adjustment - etc.

afava's ravatar afava    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 251
POSTED: 5/20/09 10:59 AM

thanks ladies!

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria