DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Total Immersion Swim Classes ON SALE for January
CREATED: 12/04/09 by ppgodes REPLIES: 17
ppgodes's ravatar ppgodes    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 83
Total Immersion Swim Classes ON SALE for January
POSTED: 12/04/09 11:37 AM

Hello All,

Just finished my 6 sessions of Total Immersion Swimming with Lloyd of On Point Fitness.

It has made an incredible difference - like a really bad golf stroke, I had a ton of things to change...everything...and the weekly instruction then practice has me swimming like a dolphin.

I would highly recommend this. Such a worthy investment for anyone who didn't "grow up" swimming.

His session in January is 25% off...what a deal.

Thought I'd pass it along for anyone looking for a top notch professional and small group size.

His website:
www.onpointfitness.com

Total Immersion Group Swim Classes begin Jan 6-Feb 10.
Investment: $395
25% OFF Coupon Code:YITRI
Class size: 4-6 swimmers
Location: Waterside Fitness & Pool 901 6th St SW Washington DC

Stroke Development-Wednesdays 7:00-8:00pm
This class is ideal for fitness, athletes, and triathletes alike who are serious about learning proper freestyle stroke mechanics and increasing efficiency . All participants should have basic swimming skills to complete 100 yards.

Attiya    JOINED: 5/20/09    POSTS: 6
RE: Total Immersion Swim Classes ON SALE for January
POSTED: 12/07/09 11:10 PM

Hi PPGODES, I'm interested in these classes but would first like to get some more info. from you about your experience. Please email me at attiyam@aol.com. Thanks!

JoeC's ravatar JoeC    JOINED: 7/10/05    POSTS: 213
RE: Total Immersion Swim Classes ON SALE for February
POSTED: 1/21/10 3:24 PM

So I have heard a few good things about Lloyd and my swimming skills definitely need work. Sounds like the discount for March is sign up with a friend and the second person gets 50% off. Anyone thinking about the next round of stroke develpoment classes? Anymore testimonials/endorsements?

Stroke Development February 17-March 24, Wed: 7:00-8:00 p.m.
Waterside Fitness & Pool,
901 6th St SW, Washington, DC

mrowan's ravatar mrowan    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 17
POSTED: 1/21/10 9:30 PM

I'm interested in either doing this clinic or the Curl-Burke Sunday night clinic for $75. Anyone know the difference between the two? (other than the price)

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
POSTED: 1/22/10 1:38 AM

i haven't done the classes in dc, but I have done the total immersion weekends, the 2x8 hour days in the past.

if you have read his books or rented/watched his dvds then the class is really more like "in person" of those two things.

the real benefit is that you get real time feedback on how you are swimming and doing the drills, whether you are doing them right or not immediately.

obviously if you are reading the books/dvds you can't really "see yourself" and critique yourself as easily as someone else taht is an expert that can tell you after 25-50 yards what to change immediately. that is what you are really paying for the instant feedback. if you are the kind of person that does not need this and is better with reading books and dvds then you don't need the class.

i found the classes very helpful, others have not.

the class may not turn you into a superfast swimmer immediately or even cut off a ton of time from your swim, but for me personally it made it so that i could swim teh same times but it was a lot easier and also i did about 1/3 - 2/3 less swim training time to do the same times so for me that was worth it.

POSTED: 1/22/10 6:15 PM

Thanks for the info!

irishnd02's ravatar irishnd02    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 101
POSTED: 1/23/10 8:29 AM

I signed up for the Jan TI class w/Lloyd at OnPoint Fitness. I'm now halfway through the classes, and so far think that it's definitely worth the money. Our class is all triathletes, 2 of whom are training for long course distances.

Initially it seems slow-going because the drills start out with basics - each week we add on and now by week 3 we are actually "swimming." It's recommended that we practice the drills learned at least 2x/week between the classes, and Lloyd uses training peaks for us with the workouts.

The individual attention is what really makes the class worth it - that, and learning to swim efficiently. It sure beats using the TI book which I have had collecting dust on my bookshelf for years :)

Feel free to ask me if you have other questions or Lloyd (you can contact him through the website at www.onpointfitness.com)

Mimi :)

rwsdc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 12
RE: Total Immersion Swim Classes ON SALE for February
POSTED: 2/01/10 12:58 PM

Total Immersion swim classes at onpoint fitness. The discount for the next 6 week class beginning Feb 17 is to sign up with a friend and the second person gets 50% off. Is anyone interested in signing up for the next stroke develpoment class and sharing the discount?

Let me know.
Randy
rsifers@gmail.com

Stroke Development February 17-March 24, Wed: 7:00-8:00 p.m.
Waterside Fitness & Pool,
901 6th St SW, Washington, DC

JoeC's ravatar JoeC    JOINED: 7/10/05    POSTS: 213
RE: Total Immersion Swim Classes Monday Nights?
POSTED: 2/01/10 1:20 PM

Myself and a friend were hoping to take this class on Monday nights in the same time frame. Llyod said he would open up the time slot if we had at least 4 folks (so just two more).

Joe

rwsdc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 12
POSTED: 2/01/10 1:25 PM

Great. I'm definitely in, but would like someone else to join with so we can take advantage of the discount.

Randy

POSTED: 2/01/10 1:32 PM

Hey guys, I've decided to do the next session of Sunday clincs at AU starting 2/14 instead of Total Immersion. Sorry!

KBRESLIN    JOINED: 1/24/10    POSTS: 62
POSTED: 2/02/10 3:30 PM

I'm interested in the AU swim classes - would you mind sending me the URL or phone number? I can't find it when I search online. Thanks!

astolz1's ravatar astolz1    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 547
POSTED: 2/02/10 5:46 PM

Joe, Randy, I'm interested in the 2/1 to 3/24 Monday 7-8 class. Hit me back on gmail; astolz1.
- Adam

talron1    JOINED: 1/20/10    POSTS: 1
POSTED: 2/02/10 8:52 PM

Hey,
Can I have more info on this TI program....as I am planning to register my hubby for his b-day!!
Thanks

hmooney    JOINED: 9/30/09    POSTS: 77
POSTED: 2/09/10 1:14 PM

I'd like to find a second to get in either the Monday or Wednesday class, anyone interested?
2bthemoon@gmail.com
Arthur

POSTED: 2/09/10 1:41 PM

It seems Floyd is booked for Monday and Wednesday. Does anyone have contact information on the AU class? Thanks.

POSTED: 2/10/10 9:56 AM

Here is conact info for the AU class: Coach Tamara Lowengrub at Tamaralowengrub@yahoo.com. 301-512-0555 (c)

Starts this Sunday at 6:15.

POSTED: 2/12/10 11:59 AM

Thanks for the info.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria