Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Xterra wetsuit sizing question
CREATED: 11/17/10 by Helenihi REPLIES: 1
Helenihi    JOINED: 5/17/10    POSTS: 6
Xterra wetsuit sizing question
POSTED: 11/17/10 11:44 AM

A female friend of mine is looking to pick up a wetsuit (or suggest it as a Christmas gift). I was looking at xterra because they're having a pretty awesome sale (159 for V3, which is $20 cheaper than I've ever seen it) but she's a little wary of buying without trying it on first.

She's pretty tall for a female, 5'11. I have a similar issue on the mens side, especially as their fit selector didn't even go up to my height! I called and spoke with them and the XXL they recommended fit well (at least as far as my reduced standards for how clothing fits goes), but I wonder if any tall girls out there have experience with Xterra and can help out.

Or is there just another brand she should be looking at? She's new to Triathlon, so spending a ton may not make sense, but on the other hand she's taking it very seriously and has a lot of talent (2:22 Oly) so quality matters.

gwcrew2000's ravatar gwcrew2000    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 126
RE: Xterra wetsuit sizing question
POSTED: 11/17/10 4:45 PM

As a sales rep for X-Terra I am a little biased, but I can say that their exchange policy on wetsuits is the best out there. If you don't like the size, you have 30 days to exchange until you find the right size.

Without knowing her weight and body type, at 5"11" she should go with a men's model. I have a female friend who is 5'10" and worked for Xterra and she wears a men's small.

When she gets it and tries it on, she should expect a few things. 1. it will feel tight, at least it should. You do not want any baggy areas or pockets of air between you and the wetsuit. Once you get in the water it will loosen up a bit. 2. The most common comment I get at expos is that the neck is too tight. It should be tight enough to keep water from flowing into the wetsuit (this just creates drag).

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria