Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3   Next Page

OWS Monday morning
CREATED: 05/19/09 by wombat REPLIES: 42
trisha's ravatar trisha    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 133
RE: OWS Monday morning
POSTED: 5/22/09 8:54 AM

anyone coming from Dupont-ish want to drive down together? I'm worried if I don't have someone waiting for me I might opt to stay in bed!
Trisha

amiehwoods's ravatar amiehwoods    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 19
POSTED: 5/22/09 9:13 AM

A reasonable fear. I have the same one. :-) I live at 20th and N. Want to coordinate rides/alarm clocks?

amiehwoods@hotmail.com

Jelena    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 18
POSTED: 5/22/09 9:37 AM

hi Trisha,
I live in Dupont and was going to catch a ride with Tammy from Shirlington, but if you're driving from Dupont maybe I can get a ride with you?

emle's ravatar emle    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 127
POSTED: 5/22/09 9:39 AM

josephmacias - I am in SW DC near the waterfront metro and can pick you up. I'm already taking Malissa and possibly her NTP training partner and have room for 1 more.
Please email me offline at eajacobs15 at yahoo dot com if you're interested in carpooling with us so we can coordinate.
As Tammy mentioned this is for the swim on Monday at 8am

Emily

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1312
POSTED: 5/22/09 9:54 AM

Just an FYI: I went out to Sandy Point yesterday. They have buoys set up for you all to play with. The water is a little bit wavy but I've also seen it as calm as a lake. It's a hit and miss thing. The water temp is quite nice.

If you want to see how long 750 meters is, walk towards the big blue water tower. It's to your right as you are looking at the beach. Aligned yourself in the water to where that water tower is. There is also a telephone/flood pole in the water. The pole and the water tower align with one another. Swim from that point to where the folks are fishing at the other end of the beach. That's about 750 meters. Yes, it does look a lot lot lot longer than 750 meters in the pool but it's about 750 meters. For the oly distance, it's a round trip. If you have never seen 750 meters or 1500 meters laid out in the open water before ... welcome to your future. Be afraid, be very afraid :)

Tuan

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
POSTED: 5/22/09 10:07 AM

open water swimming is exactly like swimming in a pool except there are no boundaries, ie lane lines or walls to push off of, other than that its like swimming in a pool that is really really really big.

just stay calm and have fun.

POSTED: 5/22/09 10:17 AM

Hey Jelena!
I just texted Emily about coordinating...I'm also in Dupont. Maybe we can all meet up. The more the merrier (and the more likely we all won't hit the snooze button. ;-). I was wondering if you guys are planning on taking your bikes up? Think people might be up for a ride afterwards...my email is amiehwoods@hotmail.com.

POSTED: 5/22/09 10:18 AM

Sorry I meant I just texted Trisha. Haven't had second coffee yet.

sschulman's ravatar sschulman    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 19
POSTED: 5/22/09 11:04 AM

I assume Monday is the day? The NTP e-mail says "May 25 (Su)" -- kind of confusing.

mccannjl's ravatar mccannjl    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 216
POSTED: 5/22/09 12:32 PM

wetsuit? or no wetsuit? What do you people think?

POSTED: 5/22/09 12:38 PM

is this a trick question?

anytime i'm in an open water swim i use a wetsuit. LOL (this is mainly because i suck at swimming)

the water won't be that warm its still only may.

unless the water is over 78 degrees, and i highly doubt it is, then i would say the wetsuit is fine.

trisha's ravatar trisha    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 133
POSTED: 5/22/09 12:45 PM

yes, Monday the 25th.

My plan is to bring the wetsuit and hope I don't need it! We heard rumors that the water there was already getting pretty warm.

Are lots of people planning on bringing bikes for a ride after wards? I'm on the fence, but can be easily swayed :)

POSTED: 5/22/09 12:48 PM

bring the bike

POSTED: 5/22/09 12:48 PM

it was a trick question and you win! now just to find a wetsuit to RENT (again). I could have bought 20 wetsuits by now. sigh.

lisarenee    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 10
POSTED: 5/22/09 2:28 PM

OK. So where can you rent or buy a wetsuit before Monday?

POSTED: 5/22/09 2:31 PM

I'm on the phone with
http://tribonzai.com/
right now!
STAND BY FOR AN UPDATE!

(oy, getting a lot of work done today. no really.)

POSTED: 5/22/09 2:36 PM

Call bonsai. I'm all set for monday! pickup tomorrow. they have limited supply left.
703 280-2248

finnegen's ravatar finnegen    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 56
POSTED: 5/22/09 3:29 PM

I'm looking at going on Monday. I've on Capitol HiIl, Senate side, and can take an NTPer or HIPser or two with me in my Saturn.

KPKingston@aol.com

ellove524    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 53
POSTED: 5/23/09 11:22 AM

Alright, I was convinced at the ride this morning to come swim and/or bike Monday morning. Looking forward to it!

taxmuffin    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 11
POSTED: 5/23/09 12:31 PM

Tammy - Do you still have room in your car for Monday? You had, very kindly, given me a ride to the brick-nic as well. Drop me an email (if you still have my address) or otherwise let me know if you have room for one more (and if you plan to bike).

- Rebecca

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria