Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Brick-Nic Thank You!!
CREATED: 05/02/10 by ashleynellis1 REPLIES: 8
ashleynellis1's ravatar ashleynellis1    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 84
Brick-Nic Thank You!!
POSTED: 5/02/10 5:53 PM

Just wanted to send a huge thank you to the organizers of the awesome brick-nic in Columbia today. Those were some hills! And the heat made it even more challenging...but it was so great to finish up and hang out with other DC tri folks who made it out there. Thank you so much for putting this together and for all the hard work that went into it!

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1028
RE: Brick-Nic Thank You!!
POSTED: 5/02/10 6:52 PM

Yes, a huge thank you to all of the organizers, especially Carrie and Simon. Great to see some folks who I haven't seen in a while. It's days like this why I love this club.

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1267
POSTED: 5/02/10 7:24 PM

Also, perhaps not known to everyone who were there today but the DCTri SAG vehicle driven by Justin (Vatriathlete) help carried a couple bikes back to base after a nasty accident by one of the Mid-Atlantic Tri folks. Inhann (MerlinKim) stuck around from the beginning of the accident until the ambulance came. Justin H not only drove the bikes back but also stuck around the course to pass out gels and fluids to stragglers. Glad to see the DCTri community going out above and beyond the call of duty.

Here's hoping that that young lady (who is a friend of a DCTri member) recovers quickly from that broken clavicle. Despite what happened, she was in good spirit when I spoke to her.

Tuan

starcaro's ravatar starcaro    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 60
POSTED: 5/02/10 7:30 PM

I also want to thank everyone who helped out and volunteered and came. Having been my third brick-nic in a row, I can say it is always one of the best club activities, and this year did not disappoint. Thank you to Simon and the other person organizing the food, the grillers for dealing with a hot grill during an already excruciatingly hot day, Hugh for setting up, Justin for the sag support, general people helping out like Andy and Steve, and everyone else who's name I may not know. :) Oh and of course to Sandy for being my ride! Without getting there I wouldn't know how well the event went!

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
POSTED: 5/02/10 8:10 PM

tuan,

nope didn't have to bring any of the people back in the wagon. the other tri club had their sag wagon picked up all the people and their bikes. but i will say that i did beat them to the scene by 5 minutes.

in all it was a good day and very fun, good to see all of you.

nobody from the club needed "real" sag support and there were no serious incidents for people in the dctriclub so it was a good day.

stay safe out there folks.

jameswilson's ravatar jameswilson    JOINED: 4/11/10    POSTS: 91
POSTED: 5/02/10 8:34 PM

I want to echo the big Thank You! to everyone for organizing, setting up, supporting and cleaning up the event today. This was my first DC Tri Club event and I had a great time. Again, thank you to everyone!

rcmagnus's ravatar rcmagnus    JOINED: 1/23/10    POSTS: 43
POSTED: 5/02/10 8:38 PM

ditto on the thank you! As an ntper, it was a good time today!

karlaj's ravatar karlaj    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 201
POSTED: 5/02/10 8:40 PM

+1 on the thanks to organizers, volunteers, saggers, etc. The usual awesomeness you come to expect from such a top-notch group.
-Jason
Edit: And Jessie (whoever you are), thanks for the cup cakes! :-9

jules    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 110
POSTED: 5/03/10 12:46 PM

I also want to extend a huge thank you to Simon and Carrie for a fantastic event! It was very well-organized and a ton of fun! Thanks as well to Matt, Sam, Hugh, Justin and all the other volunteers who helped to make this event such a success. It was great to see so many club members out there....this club rocks! Looking forward to many more fun events this season!

Julie

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria