Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

IM-Couer d'Alene Roll Call
CREATED: 06/21/10 by ncrcoach REPLIES: 24
trithis73's ravatar trithis73    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 525
RE: IM-Couer d'Alene Roll Call
POSTED: 6/28/10 12:59 PM

Congrats to all that conquered that IM. Sounds like the heat was rough, but you all kicked butt and made it. And 2 Kona Qualifiers.. WOW!!

DoggyBrown's ravatar DoggyBrown    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 137
POSTED: 6/30/10 1:45 PM

Yeah, there was something clearly off in the run splits. There was no way that everyone all of a sudden ran 3 mm slower than the previous segment.

I think the swim was a little long too. Maybe it's just sour grapes from me--but that was 2 minutes slower than I swam Wisconsin two years ago, and 1 minute slower than Loo last year which is not wetsuit legal. Didn't add up. The chop doesn't account for it.

It was a hot, windy day, but it seems like things worked out well for all of us from the club that were racing.

Strong finishes all around and a positive feeling from all participants (my minor complaints above aside).

Thanks DCT for all the support and you'll be getting a full race report soon.

Phil

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1065
POSTED: 6/30/10 2:12 PM

Great job by all of the DC Tri Club members at Couer d'Alene. It was great seeing everyone out there on the course and before the race. I'm so proud of this group.

I cannot vouch that the run splits were off, but I may have to agree with Phil about the swim distance. There is no way I swam the same time as last year when I went 1:30 faster this year in the Reston 2-mile lake swim.

Oh well, it's in the books and now time for me to enjoy the off season! Yes, Mark I said it! Off-season!

DSmith's ravatar DSmith    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 27
POSTED: 6/30/10 5:08 PM

I want to thank everyone for their support and encouragement out there! I wore my tri club jersey and I'm so glad I did! It was so great to be cheered on by all the other racers from our club! Thanks for making my first Ironman such a special one! You all rock!!! Congratulations!!

lion88's ravatar lion88    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 11
POSTED: 7/01/10 7:59 AM

Hugh,
Glad to see you finished your first ironman. I will be back in the DC area by mid July. Too bad I will not get to train with you. I am back in this year to do the Savageman. Congratulations to all other DC Tri Ironman finishers as well.
Pete

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria