Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3   Next Page

Luray Roll Call
CREATED: 07/08/09 by bcfrank REPLIES: 46
bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 983
RE: Luray Roll Call
POSTED: 7/24/09 9:36 AM

Having not done the Luray sprint before, I cannot attest to it, but I did notice that there are only 31 spots left for the sprint (the Oly has filled up) as of this morning, so you had better make your decision soon. :) I know there were 45ish spots yesterday, so I'm guessing the race will fill up within the next week, if not this weekend.

Ryan did the sprint last year and he posted above about how much he enjoyed it. Not sure if that'll tip you over the wall or not.

xena's ravatar xena    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 138
POSTED: 7/24/09 4:12 PM

Doing the OLY.
It seemed like a good idea at the time ...

Only 19 spots left in the sprint.

cortrig7's ravatar cortrig7    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 35
POSTED: 7/24/09 4:18 PM

It sounds like Cfudge and asovonick are the only ones doing the sprint who are looking to share a ride or a room. I will sign up if I can get someone to go with me on Saturday. takers?

idar's ravatar idar    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 35
POSTED: 7/25/09 8:02 AM

I'm doing the Oly and I may go down on August 8th as well for the swim practice and maybe some of the course. Let me know if anyone is interested in going with me.

I rode the course last month and it was great. Hilly, but gorgeous.

emd    JOINED: 6/14/09    POSTS: 8
POSTED: 7/25/09 6:28 PM

If anyone is having second thoughts about racing at luray I would be be so grateful to buy your spot from you. I just moved to DC, just found out my work schedule for residency and this is one of the few precious weekends I have off. Been training hard for months and am hoping to have it pay off.

Thanks!

sgatica's ravatar sgatica    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1
POSTED: 7/25/09 7:16 PM

Hi all,

I have signed up for the sprint and plan on going up for the 8th ows clinic. I would love company on the ride up on the 8th. Also -- I need to reserve a room for 15th to 16th -- there are two others that are coming with me. I hope there are still rooms. I need to get on that!

stevepowell's ravatar stevepowell    JOINED: 3/31/09    POSTS: 10
POSTED: 7/27/09 9:53 AM

To emd:

Are you sure that registrations for the Luray Oly can be transferred? You might check with the Race Director. Also, ask how many no-shows they are expecting. Out of 600 registered racers, I would assume 20 or 30 won't show up for various reasons (illness, change of plans, logistical issues, etc.).

Maybe you can register that morning if you're willing to take a chance that spots will open up at the last minute. I doubt if many others will try to register last minute for a race that is currently filled.

By the way, I think we rode together at the BRICK weekend before last.

cfudge1    JOINED: 3/4/09    POSTS: 98
POSTED: 7/28/09 10:04 AM

FYI to Cortrig I am actually doing the Oly. Not sure yet whether I'm going to go up the day of or the night before yet. Looking to save money... if I stay it'll probably be in a tent!

jerrys's ravatar jerrys    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 28
POSTED: 7/28/09 11:12 PM

Also FYI cortrig7:
As of last Friday, Andrew and I are rooming together and sharing a ride for the sprint. staying at the Days Inn. Would like to help you get there, it's just that my bike rack is only a 2-bike rack.
If you are definitely going to Luray and have a vehicle, (i.e. not the car issue but that you are just adverse to riding out alone), maybe we could arrange a 2-car caravan? I can ask Andrew if he would ride with you; I'd take his stuff and his bike in my car. Just a thought and I am, of course, assuming you have wheels.

Doing the tri thing alone isn't the best. In August 2008 for this very race, I drove out to Luray myself stayed over and raced without really knowing anyone. It was a beautiful day and a nice race, but would have been much more fun to hang with others from the club.
Jerry

POSTED: 7/29/09 8:26 AM

Jerry,

Thank you for the offer and your thoughtfulness. Unfortunately, since I had not gotten any confirmation of travel buddies, I did not sign up in time. Have a great race!

ashleynellis1's ravatar ashleynellis1    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 84
POSTED: 7/30/09 6:35 AM

jerry & andrew-
i'd like to caravan! i'm headed up for the sprint on my lonesome. i'm also staying at the days inn.

and cortrig7, if you can still sign up, i'm happy to take you in my car. sorry, just reading this now.

email me off line at ashleynellis at yahoo.

POSTED: 7/30/09 7:35 AM

Thank you all for the offers but I just got into the North East tri that day. Race Strong!

urbanlumberjack's ravatar urbanlumberjack    JOINED: 3/25/09    POSTS: 143
POSTED: 7/31/09 6:03 PM

Shaalini and I signed up and will be heading up Sat at some point... Group dinner?

antmansub4's ravatar antmansub4    JOINED: 7/31/09    POSTS: 10
POSTED: 8/01/09 1:06 PM

Doing the Oly. Two of us are driving up from the Hill Sat morning. Have room for 1 or 2 more.

manuelarenata's ravatar manuelarenata    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 28
POSTED: 8/04/09 6:52 PM

Anyone interested in sharing a room for the Oly? If so, email me at manuelarenata@hotmail.com
Thanks!
Renata

POSTED: 8/06/09 2:59 PM

With about a week to go....

Anyone doing the Luray Interational race on Saturday up for a group dinner on Friday night? I have no clue what restaurants are out there and I'm not the most social person when I go into my pre-race zen mode, but I can always throw the option out there. :)

I was planning on leaving work a bit early on Friday to beat the I-66 rush hour (well, beat the worst of it, you cannot escape it) and getting to Luray around 4-5, do packet pickup and then drive the course, and then check in at my hotel, which is on Main St. in Luray.

If anyone is still looking for a room on Friday night, I have a room with two beds at the Cardinal Inn.

POSTED: 8/07/09 9:45 PM

Anyone ever seen a Pac-Man shaped swim? At least the Oly is only one loop now. :)

Athlete packet is available online http://enduranceworks.net/images/stories/downloadable_pdf/luray_packet_info_v3_09.pdf

manuelarenata's ravatar manuelarenata    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 28
POSTED: 8/08/09 1:58 PM

bcfrank!

Is the other bed in your room still available at Cardinal Inn? Would you consider sharing the room with me? Please let me know: manuelarenata@hotmail.com or call 202-415-1306

thank you!
Renata

ashleynellis1's ravatar ashleynellis1    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 84
POSTED: 8/13/09 10:55 AM

for any folks doing the sprint in luray this Sunday, a few of us are meeting up for dinner on Saturday night. the more the merrier, so please join! email me so we can all coordinate. ashleynellis at yahoo.

POSTED: 8/13/09 4:23 PM

According to the email I got and the Luray Tri website, water temp is 82F today. They expect it to drop a bit before race day, but that is definitely up there. It might stay above the 78F cutoff point.

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria