Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Volunteer Call for Nations Triathlon
CREATED: 08/10/10 by bcfrank REPLIES: 10
bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 962
Volunteer Call for Nations Triathlon
POSTED: 8/10/10 10:19 AM

As was mentioned in the special club email that went out last week, the DCTriClub is once again one of the lead organizations of volunteers for Nations Triathlon, which is just over 4 weeks away (Sept 11 and 12).

The DCTriClub has been assigned to bring out a whole army of volunteers to help as bike marshals. We ideally need 35-40 people to help out, which would allow us to place 2-3 people at each point on the bike course.

So if you want to come out and cheer on your fellow triathletes, ogle the expensive bikes as they pass by and dream of one day being able to afford one of those bikes, all while keeping the bike course safe for the bikers, then please sign up to volunteer.

To sign up to volunteer, please either post here (include an email address) or email me directly (my email address is in my profile bio, so just click on my username up above and you'll get a neat pop up window with my email addy and even the option to directly email me!) or sign up to volunteer on the Nations Tri website as a course marshal and be sure to designate yourself as a DCTriClub member.

If there are small groups of people (2-3) that want to sign up together, then please email me directly. I'll try to keep you together, but if we're desperately short of volunteers, then I reserve the right to ask if you would be okay splitting up so that we can fill every spot.

In an ongoing effort to improve the volunteer experience, this year Nation's Tri is providing more services to our volunteers as a thank you for your efforts. You will receive a dry fit volunteer shirt, Nation's Tri hat, volunteer lounges with food and drink are being provided by the Washington Convention and Sports Authority throughout the weekend and there will be a thank you party Sunday evening after the race!

And as a bike marshal, don't forget, you will be done much earlier than if you were at an aid station, so when the sag wagon passes by, you can head on over to the volunteer lounge. :)

Bryan

.... and we thank you for your support.

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1768
RE: Volunteer Call for Nations Triathlon
POSTED: 8/10/10 11:37 AM

In, on the kayak, swim leg.

goodies's ravatar goodies    JOINED: 5/18/10    POSTS: 23
POSTED: 8/10/10 12:37 PM

The link provided above and in the dc tri email gets blocked by Firefox and Chrome with a warning that it is a Reported Attack Page - Details). Everything at the nation's tri domain appears to currently have that problem.

AndyJB444's ravatar AndyJB444    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 401
POSTED: 8/10/10 1:28 PM

Here's a helping hand:

Nations Tri website

But yes, looks like the Nation's Tri site has some issues currently. Maybe because of all that spam they were sending to racers. ::B'>::

asovonick's ravatar asovonick    JOINED: 6/3/09    POSTS: 205
POSTED: 8/10/10 2:37 PM

The treadmilling head wins.

ecrandlemire's ravatar ecrandlemire    JOINED: 4/13/10    POSTS: 63
POSTED: 8/10/10 2:43 PM

Just picked up a couple of viruses from the Nations Triathlon website and my IT department is a little annoyed with me right now. I would steer clear of the website until they get their problems sorted out...

lion88's ravatar lion88    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 11
POSTED: 8/10/10 4:10 PM

I will be there as a Volunteer since I have Savageman the following week. See you there.

Pete

POSTED: 8/13/10 10:00 AM

Bump up.

We're still looking for volunteers. I know the Nations Tri site is just utterly messed up these days with their spamming issues, so feel free to email me or post here.

Thanks.

Bryan

jfriess23's ravatar jfriess23    JOINED: 7/27/10    POSTS: 16
POSTED: 8/13/10 10:26 AM

I'm new to triathlons but looking to ride this race next year. I'd like to volunteer this year if you need someone for the bike section. The site is still jacked so let me know how to register.

Thanks,

Jason

POSTED: 8/19/10 2:45 PM

The weekly bump. :)

We still need more volunteers. So if you're able to help out, follow the directions above. It would be great if we could get another 20ish people to help out.

If you've emailed me about helping out, I have your name and message. Thank you for volunteering! I'll be sending out an email in a few weeks with more details. Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about you. :)

Bryan

POSTED: 8/27/10 6:24 PM

Bumpity bump bump bump.

See above for details. We still need more volunteers!

Bryan

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria