DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Hello and Question about July Training Tri
CREATED: 07/08/09 by DCMadCow REPLIES: 4
DCMadCow    JOINED: 3/17/09    POSTS: 2
Hello and Question about July Training Tri
POSTED: 7/08/09 6:14 PM

Hi Everyone,

I moved out to DC from California in January, and joined up with the DC Tri Club in March. I have been involved with a local triathlon club in Davis, CA called the Mad Cows (we have a great team logo) for the past four years. Now, I have been adjusting to training in the DC area and under the unpredicatable weather conditions (and humidity, ugh).

I have lurked on the forum for a few months, but I am posting to say Hi and ask a question about the upcoming training tri at Hains Point: Does one need a membership card or the like to participate in the training tri this weekend? I haven't received a membership package yet and wonder if I am missing out on some information.

Thanks,

Tim Patten

sandyc's ravatar sandyc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 288
RE: Hello and Question about July Training Tri
POSTED: 7/08/09 6:39 PM

Welcome to the club, Tim! If you think it's been humid, you ain't seen nothing yet!

We don't have membership cards. In order to participate in the training tri, you need to be a current registered member and you needed to sign up for the training tri in advance. This weekend's event is full, so if you did not register in advance, you will not be able to participate. The 3rd and final club training tri for the season will be in August (I think it's on 8/22). Stay tuned to the website for registration for that event (it's usually ~2 weeks beforehand and it sells out quickly).

drvaughan's ravatar drvaughan    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 13
POSTED: 7/08/09 8:35 PM

on the question of this weekend's training tri: which day is it and do you need volunteers?

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1045
POSTED: 7/08/09 10:47 PM

Hi drvaughn,

The training tri this weekend is on Sunday, the 12th. Thanks for asking and we are pretty solid for volunteers as I think the count is at 17-ish. -Hugh

trithis73's ravatar trithis73    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 525
POSTED: 7/09/09 7:27 AM

Even though the Training Tri is full and we have all the volunteers needed. You all should come and check it out. Cheer on your fellow DC Tri members. It is a lot of fun.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria