Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Volunteering at Nations?
CREATED: 08/27/09 by katehoke REPLIES: 5
katehoke    JOINED: 8/27/09    POSTS: 2
Volunteering at Nations?
POSTED: 8/27/09 12:11 PM

Hi! I'm brand new to the DC Tri Club and was wondering if the club is doing any kind of organized volunteer thing for Nations? I'll be in Williamsburg on the 12th for Patriots, but I'm driving home right after the race. Since I'll be back (and not training) on Sunday, I'd love to get involved in some way if you need volunteers for race day.

siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1064
RE: Volunteering at Nations?
POSTED: 8/27/09 12:18 PM

Absolutely! You can sign up to volunteer on the Nation's website where they have a listing or rolls we still need to fill.

For those that haven't signed up yet, we're looking to be in pretty good shape on race day be we still need help Thurs-Sat at the various volunteer positions. If you can help, even for a couple of hours and not a whole shift, please do!

I'm also still looking for someone to serve as a POC for a DC Tri water stop.

-Travis

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1312
POSTED: 8/27/09 12:52 PM

In as a volunteer for the 3:30 PM - 8:00 PM shift on Friday. Why ? because I care :)

On a side note, nice touch on the web page of the Nation's volunteer sign up sheet. There was a question that asks

"Are you a member of the DC Tri Club, the official volunteer
organization of the race?"

POSTED: 8/27/09 12:54 PM

Yeah -- Whoever had the idea to put that on the web page is a real stand-up dude.

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 966
POSTED: 8/27/09 1:26 PM

I know Sandy asked me to think about, and I guess I'll do it since I was a volunteer at Nations last year, but if you still need a POC for the DCTri water stop, lemme know and I'll take it.

Though I guess that means I need to officially volunteer....

POSTED: 8/27/09 4:14 PM

Thank Brian-- The main thing we need is to get 15 people to volunteer with you. According to Facebook, however, that won't be a problem if you run around shirtless while looking for volunteers.

I'll contact you offline on this. About the volunteer part, not for shirtless pics or anything like that.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria