DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Total Immersion Instruction
CREATED: 08/27/09 by cvegh REPLIES: 4
cvegh    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 31
Total Immersion Instruction
POSTED: 8/27/09 3:28 PM

Hi:

I am a slow swimmer and I'm looking to improve my technique. I like a lot the Total Immersion method (have read the books, watched the DVDs), and took a clinic at Towson last year. But I really need more instruction to get it right.

The TI people referred me to two TI coaches in the DC area: Lloyd Henry and Ed Redfern. Has anybody worked with these coaches? Would you recommend them? Any other TI coaches you may be familiar with in the DC area (preferably NW/ Bethesda//Rockville).

Any information greatly appreciated!! Thanks a lot!

(If you prefer to e-mail me about this, my e=mail is vegh@econ.umd.edu)

Carlos.

ursalilah    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 14
RE: Total Immersion Instruction
POSTED: 8/27/09 4:45 PM

Lloyd Henry is the best. I tried 4 coaches before Lloyd and none of them could help me get comfortable in the water. I took a Chi running workshop with him and he said he gave TI lessons and workshops as well, so I decided to give it a try. I could not swim one lap about a month and a half ago and just yesterday I swam 1500 meters! I've had about 6 private lessons with Lloyd and he has given me all the skills I need to feel confident about my swimming abilities.

Give him a call, you won't regret it.

Melanie

JessO's ravatar JessO    JOINED: 6/16/09    POSTS: 66
POSTED: 8/27/09 5:10 PM

absolutely...I'll second the support for Lloyd Henry. I don't know Ed, but Lloyd is really a great guy to work with and has a thorough understanding of triathlon training...not exclusively TI. ~Jessica

cvegh    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 31
POSTED: 8/28/09 9:09 AM

Melanie, Jessica:

Thanks a lot; this is very helpful!

Carlos.

itri_45    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 22
POSTED: 8/28/09 12:13 PM

Carlos,

I'm looking to find someone to teach my wife to swim so would you please provide Lloyd Henry's contact into to me at dh.le@verizon.net.

Thanks

Duc

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria