Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Rosslyn Folks Out There?
CREATED: 08/27/09 by Ana REPLIES: 7
Ana    JOINED: 8/26/09    POSTS: 3
Rosslyn Folks Out There?
POSTED: 8/27/09 5:11 PM

New to area. Live in Rosslyn. Looking for a group to workout with a few times a week. I like to bike once or twice a week (15 miles), run 3-4 times a week (4 miles) and swim once a week. Anyone like-minded in the area?

nomisdc's ravatar nomisdc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 610
RE: Rosslyn Folks Out There?
POSTED: 8/27/09 9:35 PM

Hey Ana,
There is a ton of stuff that goes on in the Arlington area - usually more organized in the winter / springtime. It's getting later in the season so many folks are locked in to their final training schedules or done. Right now the main gathering of DC Tri folks is at the Contes bike ride on Tuesday nights in Ballston. Try there and just look for one of our jerseys. The Pacers Tues and Thurs runs in Clarendon and the PRR womens run on Thurs attract some members. Swimming is mostly on our own or in DC. But many of us have been talking about getting the Washington and Lee HS swims going again in the winter in preparation for next season. Good luck,
Simon

rdejonck's ravatar rdejonck    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 84
POSTED: 8/27/09 10:58 PM

W&L swim sessions? Very intriguing, Simon, very intriguing.

(of course, I'd probably only be good for one day a week... don't think I could give up my workouts at AU...)

BTW, with a pool, W&OD, and Miltary road, W&L makes a great place for bricks/mini-tris. Just sayin' :)

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 897
POSTED: 8/28/09 10:01 AM

Just sayin', huh? Is that so you can do a training tri and only have to get up 5 minutes before it starts? :)

Ah well, I guess no matter where it is, it's still a 30 minute to an hour drive for us MD folk. ;)

ballstoncyclist's ravatar ballstoncyclist    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 490
POSTED: 8/28/09 10:21 AM

I second Ryan's Just sayin'.

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1653
POSTED: 8/28/09 10:41 AM

There's also the Wednesday evening track workouts at Wash-Lee.

Where you return to the school after riding on the W&OD trail after swimming at the school at the start of your training triathlon.....

rdejonck's ravatar rdejonck    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 84
POSTED: 8/28/09 11:02 AM

Nah, for a club training tri, W&L would not be good. Getting from the pool to the transition area would involve running through a high school wet and half naked on a slippery floor. Something about that just sounds like it would invite the police.

Now, Ed's suggestion... when you aren't aiming for fast T1/T2 times... well, that's just a good workout. Funny he said it too, I just did that this past Wed (minus the bike part) and realized that I am breathing waaaayyyyyy too much while swimming. Recreated my Luray problems exactly.

To bring this thread back to Ana's question, yes, there are a number of us in the Rosslyn-to-Ballston area. The NTP group this year also had a strong group running from Iwo Jima. Did you have anything in particular in mind?

Last, if you don't meet some of us sooner (and even if you do), come out to the Brick-nic this weekend and the NOVA HH in a couple weeks. I probably won't make it (silly things like training weekends in a tropical storm and track workouts may get in the way), but there will be a number of like-minded people there.

Ana    JOINED: 8/26/09    POSTS: 3
POSTED: 8/30/09 11:57 AM

Thank you for the great information! I didn't realize it was the end of the season : )

I would be very interested in swimming once a week at Washington and Lee High School. I will check back on the forum to see when the winter group starts up there. I will also try to make the weekly ride at Contes this Tuesday.

I look forward to meeting everyone.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria