Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

M-Dot 70.3 races: how fast to they sell out?
CREATED: 09/29/10 by abbyjs REPLIES: 3
abbyjs's ravatar abbyjs    JOINED: 4/7/09    POSTS: 699
M-Dot 70.3 races: how fast do they sell out?
POSTED: 9/29/10 9:40 AM

We all know how quickly the M-Dot full IronMan races sell out, and how it feels like a win just to get in!

What about the 70.3 races? Some are opening registrations very soon.

I have some decisions to make about my race calendar next year, and I would appreciate some advice on how quickly I need to make them so I don't get shut out...

Specifically I'm considering:

Timberman
Augusta
Poconos

If anyone has any insights on other races, like the Kinetic Half, Musselman, or Beach to Battleship, your advice is much appreciated as well.

Of course, Rockett's Landing (July 24!) is already etched in stone, and I registered for Columbia, but the rest of my calendar is still TBD...

THANK YOU.
--Abby

eric guzmanaalv's ravatar eric guzmanaalv    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 140
RE: M-Dot 70.3 races: how fast to they sell out?
POSTED: 9/29/10 10:43 AM

Here is a quick scope base on the last few years
Timberman early Feb to march (base on reviews this year was pack so they might cut the field)
Augusta (last year early August this year Mid September)
Poconos (new race, hilly course close to the area no Idea)

Kinetic half (is a good course but I think the run is 4 5k loops usually is sold out 2 weeks before)
Beach to Battleship (Fast swim only good things about it so far)

Eric

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1061
POSTED: 9/29/10 11:31 AM

This past May the Kinetic Half run was three loops which had a plus when you ran by spectators who cheered for you each time. Also, for Set Up Events, you can check to see how many slots are left. I'm not too sure about the Poconos selling out quickly, but that might be a pretty cool race.

kev7's ravatar kev7    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 459
POSTED: 9/29/10 2:15 PM

I raced Timberman in 2009. It is a great race and does close out. However it is a long drive! I think registration stays open for a few months.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria