Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Musselman 2014 Roll Call & Race Weekend Details
CREATED: 06/25/14 by rtroll REPLIES: 19
rtroll's ravatar rtroll    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 504
Musselman 2014 Roll Call & Race Weekend Details
POSTED: 6/25/14 10:34 PM

Fellow club members racing Musselman. You should have recently received an email from president@dctriclub.org with all sorts of details for the Musselman race weekend and how to participate in club events and activities. Please email me if you did not receive this email.

Ryan
President, DC Tri Club

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 958
RE: Musselman 2014 Roll Call & Race Weekend Details
POSTED: 6/26/14 8:59 AM

In for the Micro and the Half.

Two weeks to get my butterfly up to par for the Micro. ;)

sportsbrajen's ravatar sportsbrajen    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 42
POSTED: 6/26/14 10:07 AM

In for the micro, mini, and half!

SBsteph's ravatar SBsteph    JOINED: 1/24/11    POSTS: 82
POSTED: 6/26/14 11:18 AM

look for me at packet pickup on friday evening and saturday until noon!

i may be able to take someone if you still need a ride- leaving friday morning returning tuesday. PM me if interested!

hamburger1971's ravatar hamburger1971    JOINED: 8/13/09    POSTS: 46
POSTED: 6/27/14 8:32 AM

In for the half. What's the scoop on the micro, looks like fun - is it a costume/general madness kinda thing?

astolz1's ravatar astolz1    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 500
POSTED: 6/27/14 2:05 PM

In for the double, maybe the triple. Looking fwd to it and thanks to Ryan and the Troll's for hosting us!
We got a really good crew going up which will make it even more fun.
Jeff, I think if you youtube search micro musselman, that'll answer your Q.

kev7's ravatar kev7    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 458
POSTED: 6/27/14 2:57 PM

Looking for a fun race weekend. I am in for the Half. Too old for double and triple!

twaltoncale    JOINED: 6/25/14    POSTS: 1
POSTED: 6/30/14 10:37 AM

I will be doing the Half. Just joined the club after moving to DC from Richmond (train with Endorphin Fitness). I look forward to getting involved and meeting other members. Cheers and good luck to all!

rdolan's ravatar rdolan    JOINED: 8/8/11    POSTS: 30
POSTED: 6/30/14 10:50 AM

In for the half- and will be cheering on all you micro and mini racers!

rumpuscat's ravatar rumpuscat    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 11
POSTED: 6/30/14 11:29 AM

I'm in for the half! It's my first time doing this distance and I'm excited for the weekend. I'm coming up Saturday morning.

krishnaraptor    JOINED: 9/25/13    POSTS: 1
POSTED: 6/30/14 11:57 AM

In for the half, looking to meet you guys, newbie to the DC tri club. Anyone interested in carpooling?

Thanks, Kurt

dlavey    JOINED: 1/6/13    POSTS: 30
POSTED: 6/30/14 12:12 PM

I'm in for the half.

jameswilson's ravatar jameswilson    JOINED: 4/11/10    POSTS: 92
POSTED: 6/30/14 12:32 PM

I'm in for the half. See you all at the Troll's Saturday!

jenniferyager    JOINED: 6/26/09    POSTS: 20
POSTED: 6/30/14 12:36 PM

In for the Half, cheering for the Micro and volunteering for the Sprint! Looking forward to it!

kmwpro's ravatar kmwpro    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 269
POSTED: 7/01/14 9:16 AM

In for everything bc Jen W said it was a good idea and that's how I roll. Thanks for hosting us for dinner, Ryan!

lockemike's ravatar lockemike    JOINED: 5/26/09    POSTS: 57
POSTED: 7/03/14 11:13 AM

In for the mini and half/aquabike.

POSTED: 7/03/14 5:31 PM

Hey everyone, I'm pasting the email I sent to everyone from the club who is racing Musselman next weekend. If you are planning on joining our pre-race dinner then please RSVP by no later than this Sunday (7/6/14).

-------

Please join me for a fun filled weekend of racing, socializing and creating memories with your fellow club-mates. For those of you who are Musselman first timers, you are in for a great time! For those of you who are repeat offenders of the Musselman experience...welcome back!

This race weekend is special for the club in that it is our goal races for the Half Ironman Program. Please help me ensure that our newest Half Ironman Program "graduates" have a race weekend experience they will never forget!

This email will serve as your weekend guide for club activities and instructions on how to sign up and participate in my annual pre-race pasta dinner.

House keeping items:

Tent & Gear Transport
I am looking for 1-2 people who can be responsible for bringing the tent, a table, cooler and some chairs to and from Geneva. Please email me at president@dctriclub.org to indicate your availability to bring the tent up on or before Friday (7/11) and return it to DC after the race weekend.

Weekend Schedule of Events & Activities:

Friday 6:30pm: Micro-mussel Cheering Squad
Come join me and other club members at the famous (and ridiculous) micro-mussel as we cheer on our fellow members who are crazy enough to participate in this event! Here is a link for more info (http://musselmantri.com/races/micromussel.html). We will plan on meeting down at the lake front around 6:30p, race starts at 7pm sharp!

Saturday 9:00am: Mini Mussel Race & Cheering Squad
We have a small cadre of members racing in the MiniMussel, include those of us who are silly enough to race the DoubleMussel. Please join us on Saturday morning, race starts at 9am. Look out for the DC Tri Club tents, we'll be right near the finish line! Here is a link for more info (http://musselmantri.com/races/mini_mussel.html)

Saturday 1:30pm or 4:30pm: MusselMural & Pre-Race Briefing (for Half)
You can't race Musselman weekend and not partake in some graffiti. Come help me "vandalize" yet another wall in my hometown and cover it with a MussselMural (http://musselmantri.com/before/mural.html). The mural is right across the street from the historic Smith Opera House where the pre-race briefing will be held. There are two briefings, one at 1:30p and another at 4:30p. I would recommend the 4:30p since right after you can stop by my house for a team pre-race dinner...

Saturday 5:30pm: Pre-Race Dinner at "Moms" (RSVP Here)
I've been racing Musselman for the last 7 years and every year I enjoy having everyone over to my parent's house to enjoy a home cooked meal prior to the "big day". Check out the details and RSVP below. Please be sure to RSVP so I can get an accurate head count. Donations are welcomed to help offset the costs. RSVP Here

Sunday 7:00am: Musselman Race & Cheering Squad
Come one come all to the big day! My expectation is that ALL of you will be in attendance on Sunday! Most racing while the others (well) drinking of course and cheering.

Sunday 3:00pm: World Cup Finals & Post Race Celebration
Join me and all the locals at Parkers Bar & Grill to indulge in the "man vs burger" hamburger challenge and take in the World Cup Final game. This won't be a formal event rather an impromptu gathering. Here's a link to the bar (http://www.parkersgrille.com/ordereze/1000/Page.aspx)

I hope to see many of you during the Musselman weekend and look forward to welcoming you to my hometown!

ianh's ravatar ianh    JOINED: 11/1/13    POSTS: 7
POSTED: 7/04/14 8:10 AM

In for the double.

kromatog's ravatar kromatog    JOINED: 6/28/12    POSTS: 27
POSTED: 7/07/14 2:56 PM

In for the Half, staying for the whole

POSTED: 7/08/14 1:50 PM

And here is the pre-race dinner RSVP link (sorry, I forgot to include it above). I need RSVP's in by tomorrow if you plan on attending the dinner.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/dc-triathlon-club-musselman-pre-race-dinner-tickets-12086275375

Thanks
Ryan

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria