Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Finally!
CREATED: 05/20/09 by trichiro REPLIES: 3
trichiro    JOINED: 5/20/09    POSTS: 1
Finally!
POSTED: 5/20/09 11:23 AM

After a couple of years I have finally decided to get my butt in gear and become a triathlete. I have always been a runner and cyclist but the pool was always my achilles. So as a new member to dctriclub as well as triathlon, I need some advice for swimming. I can swim well enough not to drown but would like if someone can give me some direction. That being said are coaches available or are there specific programs which are better than others. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You.
Dave Capps

rcole's ravatar rcole    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 44
RE: Finally!
POSTED: 5/20/09 12:56 PM

Dave -
Curl Burke Masters is hosting a six session freestyle stroke clinic for triathletes and distance open water swimmers, starting this upcoming Sunday. I personally have never done these clinics but have heard good things from others. The clinic will focus primarily on improving freestyle stroke techniques for all levels of swimmers - beginner, intermediate and advanced. You can find additional information on the hope page of DC Tri under the Buzz section - "Sunday Curl Burke Freestyle Seminar."

Jelena    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 18
POSTED: 5/20/09 1:40 PM

Welcome Dr. Capps!

karlaj's ravatar karlaj    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 201
POSTED: 5/20/09 3:48 PM

Dave,
Congrats on taking the plunge. You're not alone on the swimming front, and there are plenty of ways to improve.

The Sunday night clinic @ American University through Curl Burke -- I did it and found it helped, and I think others have had good experiences as well (generally). You can usually schedule 1:1 coaching too.

There's also posted workouts at various time and various pools if you just want to jump in a give it a go. You can do as much/little as you want, and it's a good way to meet others. Check the posted workouts and forum.

Or if you like a do-it-yourself approach, Total Immersion might be an option. Program developed by Terry Laughlin, check it out. Some like it, others don't find it terribly helpful.

cheers -Jason

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria