Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Vegans in the crowd?
CREATED: 09/12/11 by hina REPLIES: 2
hina's ravatar hina    JOINED: 9/4/11    POSTS: 44
Vegans in the crowd?
POSTED: 9/12/11 3:56 PM

Hi everyone! I'm new to the club (just joined a week ago), and am hoping to meet some fantastic people and training partners. I'm a long-time marathoner, but am only up to Olympic tris so far. I'd love to move on up to Ironman one day (before I turn 40!).

Also, I'm a vegan and I live in Arlington. I'm curious to know if there are other vegans out there in the DC Tri Club. But, whether you are or not, I'm looking forward to being part of a great crowd!

-Hina

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 714
RE: Vegans in the crowd?
POSTED: 9/12/11 4:18 PM

Yeah - welcome - not Vegan yet, but whole-hearted Vegetarian. There was a great article this month in the USMS magazine on vegetarian athletes. I'll try and remember to scan a copy and send it to you. I am at:

clarebearcolburn@yahoo.com

Maureen

PS- Let's start a radical movement and bring Boca burgers to the next DC Tri Club Brick-Nic. Go All Boca and ditch the beef! And what is in those hot dogs - eeeewwweee.

hina's ravatar hina    JOINED: 9/4/11    POSTS: 44
RE: Vegans in the crowd?
POSTED: 9/12/11 4:37 PM

Great, thanks! I'll email you so you have my info:-) Awesome idea for the next brick-nic... when is it? And maybe we can bring some Not Dogs as well- much better than the real thing!

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria