Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

TriRock Annapolis Sprint May 4th
CREATED: 02/03/13 by leylajordan REPLIES: 10
leylajordan    JOINED: 10/26/12    POSTS: 11
TriRock Annapolis Sprint May 4th
POSTED: 2/03/13 9:05 PM

Anyone know about discount codes for this one... prices go up after tomorrow! Thanks

rtroll's ravatar rtroll    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 498
RE: TriRock Annapolis Sprint May 4th
POSTED: 2/03/13 10:47 PM

Hey Leyla -

We unfortunately do not have an official discount through the club for TriRock so I would suggest registering as soon as you can to avoid the price increase. Sometimes "race ambassadors" cruise through our forum and will offer a race discount from time to time to drive registrations.

Ryan
President, DC Tri Club

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1287
POSTED: 2/03/13 11:15 PM

Or you can do PeasantMan at 1/2 the cost, on the same weekend, and about 300+ more DCTri members there, not including another 50+ DCTri volunteers :)

POSTED: 2/04/13 4:28 AM

Thanks for the info, Ryan! Good suggestion, Tuan, I'll check it out, thanks!! :)

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 702
POSTED: 2/04/13 8:34 AM

Peasantman rocks and not just because of all the truly fabulous volunteers :)

MikeyPMA's ravatar MikeyPMA    JOINED: 2/16/13    POSTS: 20
POSTED: 2/21/13 11:29 AM

I am brand new to DCTri and was really hoping there would be more of a presence at the TriRock event. Its always nice to have a group to know when you're there.

sgarnes's ravatar sgarnes    JOINED: 11/16/12    POSTS: 15
POSTED: 2/21/13 11:36 AM

I wanted to do this race but decided on PeasantMan instead. If all goes well at PeasantMan, I'm thinking about doing TriRock Philly.

POSTED: 2/21/13 11:53 AM

That was my plan too! I have run a bunch of the Rock and Roll events and always have a good time. It's a nice middle ground between super competitive and just there for fun. Hopefully the TRIs will be the same way.

Good luck at PeasantMan!

POSTED: 2/21/13 12:50 PM

I also opted for PeasantMan even though TriRock does look like an awesome race. This will be my first Tri and although it's a practice I'm really looking forward to it. I think it will be a great crowd!

conartist's ravatar conartist    JOINED: 1/31/12    POSTS: 54
POSTED: 2/21/13 1:23 PM

I would recommend peasantman too. Looks like Tuan and his entourage put a ton of effort into making it a great event. Plus associating with royalty still means something.

I raced TriRock Annapolis last year and thought it was poorly run. Getting into transition was an absolute wreck..the line was 1/4 mile or longer. The bands didn't start playing until after I had passed (I was in the first wave). The swim was super short (permit problem maybe) and the bike course start and finish had way too many turns for transitioning. The run course is kinda nice as you go up and down that main stretch but they didn't enforce a mini out and back section as I saw some runners bypass it completely as the volunteers didn't have a clue. Annapolis also throws a fit (the community), and it is not a welcoming environment.

It's disappointing that TriRock bought PHLYTri as I was planning on racing there again this year, but I think I'll stick with a sure thing in REV3 Williamsburg...

POSTED: 2/21/13 4:06 PM

Thats a total bummer to hear.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria