Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Capitol Hill Bikes discount?
CREATED: 07/09/09 by diankell REPLIES: 4
diankell's ravatar diankell    JOINED: 6/16/09    POSTS: 3
Capitol Hill Bikes discount?
POSTED: 7/09/09 12:32 PM

I had heard that DC Tri Club members get a discount at Capitol Hill Bikes. Is that correct? And can someone tell me the discount? I tried the store, but haven't gotten through just yet. I'm getting to the point where I need to actually buy a bike and any kind of discount would be great.

Thanks!
Diane

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1287
RE: Capitol Hill Bikes discount?
POSTED: 7/09/09 12:43 PM

It's not just Capitol Hills Bikes. The list of partners is on the upper right hand corner of the browser under "Partners"

Word on the street is that Capitol Hills Bike doesn't have the latest DCTri membership roster. If you just joined the club then your name might not be on the discount list. Some bike shops/club partners will take you at your word that you belong to DCTri while others will verify. If they don't have you on the list then I would contact someone from membership to send your name/verification to them so that you can get the discount.

http://www.dctriclub.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=partners.welcome

dctexan's ravatar dctexan    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 68
POSTED: 7/09/09 3:02 PM

I rarely visit CHB due to some bad experiences with customer service there over the years and lack of inventory, but I went in yesterday to grab some tubes and CO2 and noticed they have 4 or 5 pair of DC Tri Club socks in stock. When I first joined the club and asked CHB for my discount, they asked me to come around the counter and log into my email and show them my membership confirmation email. If you print it out and take it in, that would probably work too.

ambrady    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 38
POSTED: 7/09/09 4:10 PM

FYI. I bought a bike from CHB in April and they did not give me a discount on my bike, rather on the clothing I bought (the women I worked with noted that the store does not discount bikes). So if you are looking for a discount on the bike, then CHB might not be the best place to purchase.

amaceto    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 41
POSTED: 7/09/09 5:43 PM

Contes gave me a discount on the bike, accessories, & bike shorts I bought from them in March. I think it was 5% on the bike & 15% on accessories & bike shorts. It added up to a sizeable savings. Can't say whether they had an updated membership list or just took me at my word.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria