Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

contador what do you think?
CREATED: 09/30/10 by vatriathlete REPLIES: 12
vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
contador what do you think?
POSTED: 9/30/10 1:03 AM

so with the recent test results out, what do y'all think?

intentionally took banned substance and now denying because he knows he did it?

or

is it truly a case of contaminated food, etc?

or

who is this contador guy, afterall he isn't lance so why watch the tour de france anymore?

AndyJB444's ravatar AndyJB444    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 401
RE: contador what do you think?
POSTED: 9/30/10 7:07 AM

I think I'm buying up all the Spanish meat I can find!

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 686
POSTED: 9/30/10 9:05 AM

He should go Vegetarian. No joke.

mbowman4's ravatar mbowman4    JOINED: 5/3/10    POSTS: 14
POSTED: 9/30/10 10:10 AM

My initial understanding is that Contador passed several of the tests during the Tour but failed just one so I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt of full review into this etc

On the other hand, he kind of stole the Tour anyway. The custom is to wait for your opponent when things like chain breaks happen. Contador rode right past Schleck when his chain fell off. Not cool. Schleck took the high road and didn't complain much-- presumably cause Schleck knows his best years are still ahead.

Anyway, Schleck would be a deserving winner IF it is really true about Contador.

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1270
POSTED: 9/30/10 11:04 AM

Couldn't the same be said of Landis? ... that he passed all of the test except one.

When it comes to doping Contador's career and the teams that he has been on haven't been what we would call ... clean and beyond reproach. I believed Marian Jones passed all of her tests.

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
POSTED: 9/30/10 11:09 AM

the real question now is if the new reports on the test are true or not.

the amount of this banned substance that they found in the urine sample is reported to be 400 times lower than the amount that is required for a positive test. wtf!

so if its 400 times lower how the heck can you detect it?

rlgrohs's ravatar rlgrohs    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 31
POSTED: 9/30/10 12:37 PM

i think they are just trying to fill the void between TDF's

abbyjs's ravatar abbyjs    JOINED: 4/7/09    POSTS: 699
POSTED: 9/30/10 12:55 PM

The business regarding his blood levels and detection levels is confusing and misleading. There actually are no existing threshholds about bloodlevels of this substance; there are only limitations of the capabilities of laboratories to detect it.

Basically, the reason it has taken so long for this to come to light is that the levels detected were really low--lower than the required ability of the lab to detect. So it has been checked and rechecked to make sure. The lab still says yes.

UCI says that this is a binary issue: it's either in your blood or it's not. Because of the rechecks, they feel confident about saying that it was in his blood. Thus: he is suspended.

What I want to know is the pharmacologist's analysis about how much of the stuff has a broncho-dilatiing, performance-enhancing effect. Currently, there is no established level, which is why it is black and white.

As an asthmatic, I would think you'd have to inhale the stuff for it to work, not eat it!

Sorry... I was once married to a pharmacist. ;)

PotomacTriathlete2009's ravatar PotomacTriathlete2009    JOINED: 9/19/09    POSTS: 507
POSTED: 10/07/10 2:09 AM

The current speculation is that the contamination may have been the result of blood doping, that Contador was using clenbuterol in the past, then removed his blood for storage, and infused that stored blood in the middle of the TdF. And that is where the contamination may have come from.

Further tests have picked up plasticizers in the samples, which might be an indication of blood doping. The plasticizers can come from the plastic bags used to store blood. At the same time, there are many innocent ways that those substances can enter one's blood because plastics are found everywhere in daily life. They are focusing on the level of the plasticizers. There is usually a big difference in the levels of inadvertent contamination of plasticizers and those levels found when blood doping is involved.

eric guzmanaalv's ravatar eric guzmanaalv    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 140
POSTED: 10/07/10 8:56 AM

Honestly I don’t know what to believe or not.
Performance wise. He has been pretty consistent in the last 4 years. He didn’t have a super performance this year so I am not sure if whatever it took help him significantly.
The other theory here is that the meat came from another country (Spain or Portugal I don't remember) that's why it was contaminated. No Idea if it's true or not.
Will see what's the verdict is

jameswilson's ravatar jameswilson    JOINED: 4/11/10    POSTS: 91
POSTED: 10/07/10 11:04 AM

Either way I hope he doesn't get a 2 year ban. I want to see Andy Schlek work him next year when he has his brother to shepherd him around. If Schlek can keep improving his TT like he did this year he'll have a great shot of taking him.

mbowman4's ravatar mbowman4    JOINED: 5/3/10    POSTS: 14
POSTED: 10/07/10 12:26 PM

Hmmm, so he must have eaten that contaminated meat with a plastic fork and knife. Personally, I find it difficult to eat beef with plastic utensils, but then again, I also find it difficult riding my bike up even small hills let alone the French Alps. If only Contador had informed us of this caveat during his press conference about the dangers of imported filet dinners.

hmooney    JOINED: 9/30/09    POSTS: 77
POSTED: 10/07/10 1:18 PM

197 members of the tour all eat food, all drink stuff, probably/often the samethings Contador ingest, all are tested...Contador tested positive. All eat, all drink, shouldn't everyone then test positive for plasticizers at a level that isn't allowed? As far as I know no one else has tested positive for a drug or plasticizers, at least not to the levels that Contador did and so what if they have, that's just another person who tested positive and a cheat and so what if they do test positive for both it wasn't at the level that one gets busted for, Contador did. So, if all the world and every member of the tour eat/drinks "things" yet only one or a few test positive (8 times the amt. allowed) isn't it common sense that someone did something wrong, someone did something different, used too much? To say that he ate tainted meat is the only thing he could say, he has to say something, he has to have an excuse, every cheater originally say's they didn't cheat, the evidence is all everyone has to go on and to simply say I ate something, for me, doesn't cut it.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria