Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Need doctor for hip flexor!
CREATED: 07/09/09 by queequeg9800 REPLIES: 4
queequeg9800    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 21
Need doctor for hip flexor!
POSTED: 7/09/09 5:07 PM

I've been fighting what feels like hip flexor pain, and I think I need to see a doctor or a sports medicine person before it keeps getting worse.

If anyone out there could recommend someone I would be very grateful. I work in downtown DC, so a person located there would be ideal.

Thank you for your help!

wombat's ravatar wombat    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 266
RE: Need doctor for hip flexor!
POSTED: 7/09/09 5:24 PM

I'm going to Dr. Marc Danzinger on Monday for hip pain when running. Office is located at 1850 M Street, NW.

http://www.dcorthodocs.com/MeetOurDoctors/DrMarcBDanziger/tabid/301/Default.aspx

Maybe we can get a group rate . . .

Tammy

ppgodes's ravatar ppgodes    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 83
POSTED: 7/09/09 6:50 PM

Tammy,

If it's truly hip flexor, very little a doctor can do...maybe inject it, but difficult, based on location.

Soft tissue work, stretching, stabilizing the joint (and probably back/core work) through specific exercies- all could be needed to "fix" the imbalance that caused it anyway...

That's a Physical Therapist.

Sports and Spinal Physical Therapy is one of our sponsors...they're located on K street...3 of the therapists are incredible athletes in their own right.

You might want to give them a call as well...

Paula

wheelsnheels    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1
POSTED: 7/09/09 10:59 PM

Pain in the hip flexor region could be originating from multiple different areas and could be caused by numerous issues. I would agree with Tammy, that a Doc may be able to help diagnose the problem, but the treatment most often is the job of the physical therapist. As a sports PT, and triathlete myself, I am familiar with most of the overuse injuries often suffered by endurance athletes, but it would be difficult to say if it were a muscle imbalance, tight muscle group, or spinal issue without taking a look at you.

I am happy to help but since my office is in the boonies, I can recommend someone in the DC area. My email is wheelsnheels4174@gmail.com should you choose to contact me.

Best of luck

amy

queequeg9800    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 21
POSTED: 7/15/09 9:18 PM

Thanks so much, guys! I really appreciate your taking the time to share information. Extremely helpful!

Robert

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria