Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Bike Cases for Rent
CREATED: 03/15/10 by pgfde121 REPLIES: 2
pgfde121's ravatar pgfde121    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 226
Bike Cases for Rent
POSTED: 3/15/10 11:42 AM

I have four hard shell cases I rent out to help people get to races/events more affordably. Most LBS charge $75 a week for rentals, so this is a nice discount, and I typically give people 12-14 days for rentals so you're not rushed to get it back. If you need a longer rental I can usually accommodate that as well, might run a few extra dollars if it’s during the busy rental season.

$30 check or cash locks in your travel dates (and is the rental fee), with a $200 security deposit due at pick up (returned when you bring the case back). I have two Trico cases and two Performance cases, all fit standard bike sizes. All cases have wheels for transporting, and foam layers/padding for frames, components, etc. Case sizes/weight/etc are about 48*31*11 and 30 pounds. More information can be found if you Google "Performance brand bike case" or "Trico bike case."
Thanks,
Ron
firemanronb@hotmail.com (put "bike case" in subject line pls)
301-646-0789

pgfde121's ravatar pgfde121    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 226
RE: Bike Cases for Rent
POSTED: 3/12/13 8:26 AM

Just a reminder that if anyone needs to rent a case for the upcoming season I do rent them for $30/10-12 days. Let me know if you need one. 3oh1. Six hundred forty six. 0789.

Luke's ravatar Luke    JOINED: 11/28/10    POSTS: 330
RE: Bike Cases for Rent
POSTED: 3/12/13 11:44 AM

This is a great deal! A good hard shell bike case like these costs approx $400. If you rent a case from a bike shop, you'll pay anywhere from $35 to $100 per week, depending on the shop, and they're likely to rent out for big events like Nationals. Having wheels on the bike case is also worth at least another $10-15 when you're dragging it through a crowded airport while also wearing a backpack and dragging a suitcase on wheels!

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria