Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Looking for local Coach
CREATED: 05/21/09 by janiehayes REPLIES: 4
janiehayes    JOINED: 5/16/09    POSTS: 30
Looking for local Coach
POSTED: 5/21/09 7:23 AM

I feel like this is probably an existing thread somewhere, but I will go ahead and post anyway.

What recommendations do people have for a good local long-distance triathlon coach? I am fairly new to DC and am considering switching coaches to someone who is local to the area.

Thanks!

DuathlonFreak's ravatar DuathlonFreak    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 64
RE: Looking for local Coach
POSTED: 5/24/09 9:48 PM

Janie,

Michele Buckley is a local USAT Certified Coach serving triathletes from short course to iron distance. Her focus is on triathlon and duathlon where she's raced at World Championships twice, including once at Long Course. She offers a comprehensive personal coaching service and provides significant personal attention. She also coaches the DC Tri Half Ironman Training Program and regularly leads group workouts for that group.

Contact Michele for more information at michele@philosana.com.

In full disclosure, I'm her husband - but I think she does a great job and I know her rates are reasonable for the services offered. Client references are also available.

Good luck in your search; I hope you right the right coach for you. I know it isn't easy.

Lawrence

Lesh's ravatar Lesh    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 10
POSTED: 5/24/09 10:15 PM

Janie,

I'll give a second vote for Michele. She's my coach and she's great. Unlike some coaches with their cookie-cutter plans, Michele tailored my training to focus on my limiter - running - while still improving my biking and swimming. Also, I really like that I get a lot of variety from week to week, so I stay engaged and don't get bored doing the same workouts all the time.

I did my first half-marathon (without a swim and bike first) in just under two hours, a breakthrough compared to my previous 10-minute pace for anything over eight miles; so I've already seen good results from working with Michele. I'm also doing my third ironman at the end of June and expecting similar success; I feel that I'm better prepared this time than for either of the other two, non-coached races.

Michael

amacos's ravatar amacos    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 157
POSTED: 5/26/09 4:31 PM

I agree Michele is AMAZING!!
Cheers,
Adriana

KMierke    JOINED: 3/11/09    POSTS: 43
POSTED: 5/29/09 6:31 PM

Fitness Concepts has a staff of highly qualified professionals. More information is available at www.Fitness-Concepts.com

Ken

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria