Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Blackwater duathlon
CREATED: 12/21/11 by cvegh REPLIES: 4
cvegh    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 31
Blackwater duathlon
POSTED: 12/21/11 7:44 PM

I'm seriously thinking about doing the Blackwater Duathlon on June 3rd (which doubles as the USAT Long Course Championship). I understand this is a new event for the CTA but if anybody has any guesses about how well organized this event will be based on past, similar events, any feedback would be appreciated. Any feedback on the bike course is welcome as well.

Also, any suggestions on hotels to spend the night at Cambridge, MD?

Thanks! Carlos.

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1751
RE: Blackwater duathlon
POSTED: 12/21/11 8:27 PM

There's a strip of pretty standard, nearby chain motels going east on Rte 50 after you cross the bridge into town. EagleMan has had camping at the high school; you might check with the race director if that's the case for this event.

The bike course goes through the wildlife refuge, so it will be flat, exposed, windy, warm, and aero-friendly.

cvegh    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 31
POSTED: 12/23/11 9:56 AM

Thanks Ed! Is anybody else thinking about doing this race?

smaccher    JOINED: 12/29/11    POSTS: 11
POSTED: 1/17/12 1:55 PM

I am actually from this area and I can agree with what Ed previously mentioned. If you are looking to get down on your areobars and go, this will be a nice race. I am considering doing this race, but haven't quite decided if I want to commit yet.

tjsantos    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 3
POSTED: 1/18/12 2:48 PM

There used to be the Blackwater Traverse Duathlon ( I think it was a CTA event-but not sure). It used to be in July - very hot. Early June should be much better. I raced it when it was the Traverse - good event.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria