Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Want to Shave your Head for Children's Cancer Research?
CREATED: 02/09/12 by jrbruck REPLIES: 5
jrbruck's ravatar jrbruck    JOINED: 8/1/11    POSTS: 24
Want to Shave your Head for Children's Cancer Research?
POSTED: 2/09/12 1:15 PM

Good afternoon everybody,

Along with being a DC Tri Club member, I also advocate for a children's cancer research foundation, St. Baldrick's Foundation, in my free time. For the past four years I have shaved my head to show solidarity to children that don't have the option of keeping their hair during chemo. I am now the director of the entire event (April 21st at the Tortoise and Hare in Arlington) and wanted to invite anybody in the club that feels like coming out for a great time and for a great cause. Why not get a fresh shave for the upcoming season? If you are interested, please let me know and I can give you more information or go to http://www.stbaldricks.org/events/mypage/8275/2012. I started a DC Tri Club team and hope to gain some more team members. I truly appreciate your consideration.

Jonathan

jbrez's ravatar jbrez    JOINED: 1/30/11    POSTS: 237
RE: Want to Shave your Head for Children's Cancer Research?
POSTED: 2/09/12 2:06 PM

Crap I just did that yesterday but I'm sure I'll need it again by then.

alhanson    JOINED: 1/26/12    POSTS: 20
POSTED: 2/10/12 7:46 AM

I am in. I did it last year and it was a lot of fun. How does the team thing work though?

rtroll's ravatar rtroll    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 488
POSTED: 2/10/12 8:41 AM

Jonathan -

Looks like your fundraising page for Team DC Tri Club is:

http://www.stbaldricks.org/teams/mypage/75226/2012

Sounds like a fun event for a great cause...it's always nice when I'm in the company of other bald folks! :-)

Ryan

alhanson    JOINED: 1/26/12    POSTS: 20
POSTED: 2/10/12 9:51 AM

Thanks Ryan

jrbruck's ravatar jrbruck    JOINED: 8/1/11    POSTS: 24
POSTED: 2/10/12 10:05 AM

@alhanson...when registering for the event on the website, you will be asked if you want to start your own team or join a team. You can indicate you want to join "DC Tri Club." The premise is to either have a fundraising goal for the team or to try and get the most participants to get involved. Thanks for your interest!

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria