DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Training in Leesburg
CREATED: 10/17/09 by Kermit REPLIES: 3
Kermit    JOINED: 10/17/09    POSTS: 2
Training in Leesburg
POSTED: 10/17/09 12:37 PM

Hi,

I'm an acitve Triathlet who moved from Germany to Leesburg approx. 1.5 years ago. I used to train with a club in Germany and right now I have a hard time finding something similar in the Leesburg area. Does someone has the same problem and might be willing to start kind of a sub-division of Tri DC in Leesburg?

Just let me know.

Andy

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1736
RE: Training in Leesburg
POSTED: 10/18/09 9:31 AM

Guten Tag, Andy.

If you haven't already found it out, note that DCT has many active members and events in Arlington/Alexandria/Falls Church, belonging to many area pools, that Reston has an active biking and running community, as well as the Lake McDonnell Swim, that Mt. Weather is a popular group ride, and that some folks ride and run the W&OD Trail through much of the year. Wiedersehen. Indeed, we're almost like Germans here in our devotion to the outdoors. -- Herr Edvard Moser. :)

lisalisadc's ravatar lisalisadc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 423
POSTED: 10/19/09 4:26 PM

Andy,

You might might to hook up with Tri Rats based out of Reston. Also, my bike fitter from Conte's, Clovis, lives in Leesburg leads a group on Sunday mornings @ 6:00 am. Here's the info:

New Conte's ride in Loudoun County
Sundays - 6:00 a.m. Try to be there 10 minutes before since the ride will leave at 6:00 a.m. This is a three hour ride departing from Loudoun County High School (415 Dry Mill Road SW Leesburg, VA 20175).
Pace is +/- 17 mph. The ride leader will be Clovis Anderson, please check out his profile on our website. http://contesbikestores.com/page.cfm?PageID=614

By the way, wo kommen sie her Germany? I did Quelle Challenge Roth this summer. Es war fantastisch! Hop hop hop!

Lisa
http://www.examiner.com/x-19867-DC-Sports-Travel-Examiner?showbio

Kermit    JOINED: 10/17/09    POSTS: 2
POSTED: 10/22/09 11:23 PM

Lisa and Edvard,

Thank you for your response. I know that there are many active Athletes in the Reston area, but I would prefer to stay in the Leesburg area if possible. I would rather spend an hour on the bike instead of in the car, something that would be necessary to go back and forth between Leesburg and Reston.

The Conte's ride sound really interesting and I will check it out (even if 6am is pretty early).

Andy

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria