DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

2014 Tri-Mania Summit and Expo Volunteer Jobs
CREATED: 02/26/14 by chad0022 REPLIES: 6
chad0022's ravatar chad0022    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 332
2014 Tri-Mania Summit and Expo Volunteer Jobs
POSTED: 2/26/14 4:40 PM

Hi All,

It's about that time of year where we kick off the triathlon season with Tri-Mania Summit and Expo on Saturday, March 22nd at Georgetown Prep in North Bethesda.

There are plenty of positions from greeters, to seminar attendants, swag bag distributions, and swim relay coordinators.
Morning person? We have positions starting at 7:30.
Not a morning person, we need people until 4:30.

What do you get? Other than feeling awesome about yourself for helping out, there will be swag. I am working on getting more swag for those that work more hours.

Again this year we want to bring back a the idea a few AWESOME volunteers to help out the entire day. You will receive EVEN MORE extra special thank you swag.

Already interested? Please email me at ac.dctri@gmail.com for your top pick of positions!

Thank you and looking forward to a great event!
Amanda

RE: 2014 Tri-Mania Summit and Expo Volunteer Jobs
POSTED: 3/06/14 10:30 AM

Hello,

I have an update on positions, times, and number of people needed.

Job: Greeters
Description: Meet and greet people at the entrances to the Hanley Center, distribute copies of the Endurance Sports Calendars and TRI-MANIA programs and direct people to attractions (e.g. registration, expo floor, seminars, clinics, etc.) and answer basic questions about the facilities (e.g. location of rest rooms, get food, etc.).
# of Volunteers Needed: 2 for SHIFT 1 (7:30am-12:00pm); 2 for SHIFT 2 (12:00pm-4:30pm)

Job: Swag Bag Distribution
Description: Distribute goodie bags to the first 500 registered attendees; Swag Bag volunteers will need to confirm each attendee is a registered attendee before giving out the swag bag; attendee lists to be provided.
# of Volunteers Needed: 3 from 9:30am until 2:00pm (or until last bag is distributed)

Job: Information Booth
Description: Work the information booth on the Expo floor; be available to answer basic questions about the event (e.g. location of seminars, clinics, events.) and the facility (e.g. location of rest rooms, food, etc.); assist with registering people for clinics and workshops as needed; must be personable, outgoing and comfortable answering lots of questions
# of Volunteers Needed: 3 for SHIFT 1 (7:30am-12:00pm); 3 for SHIFT 2 (11:30am-4:30pm)

Job: Seminar Attendants
Description: Direct attendees to their seats as needed; provide 10 minute and 5 minute warnings to speakers as they near the end of their allotted time to keep seminars on schedule;
# of Volunteers Needed: 2 for SHIFT 1 (8:30am-12:45pm); 2 for SHIFT 2 (12:30pm-4:30pm)

Job: Swim Relay Team Competition Volunteers
Description: Assistants are needed to help check in teams for this competition and assist with running the event; the primary task will be to flip lap counters so athletes swimming in the pool know how many laps they swam; additional volunteers may be needed to assist to include but not be limited to timing a team and recording individual splits of each team member; stop watches, clip boards and team rosters to be provided. Volunteers are needed at 11:15AM and should meet on the Georgetown Prep Pool deck.
# of Volunteers Needed: 10 from 11:45am until 12:45pm

Job: Swim Clinic Assistants
Description: Assistant needed to check in registered participants to the Total Immersion and Sheila Taormina swim clinics offered throughout the day; rosters to be provided.
# of Volunteers Needed: SHIFT 1: 7:45AM-10:45am; SHIFT 2: 1:00Pm until 3:00pm

Job: Workshop Assistants positioned outside the Film Room
Description: Assistant needed to check in registered participants to the 8am workshop (Triathlon 101 for the Female Athlete) and the 11am workshop (Planning Your Nutritional Strategy for a Half or Long Distance Triathlon)
# of Volunteers Needed: 1

Job: Newton Running Campus Dash Volunteers
Description: Volunteers will be needed to be positioned on the course of a short 3 mile run on the campus of Georgetown Prep to direct runners along the course. Volunteers may also be needed to help at the start (e.g. checking in registered racers) or the finish (remove timing chip is applicable).This is OUTSIDE.
# of Volunteers Needed: 6-8 from 8am to 10am

Job: Bike Valet
Description: Volunteers needed to manage bikes brought in and out of the bike valet area set up near the time trial
# of Volunteers Needed: 2 from 8:30am to 4:30pm

Job: Time Trial Assistant
Description: Assist the TT director with the switching of athlete in and out of heats throughout the day; help by attaching and detaching bikes from Computrainers; this is a simple mechanical process that requires someone that is careful and coordinated.
# of Volunteers Needed: 2 from 8:30am to 4:30pm

The largest numbers of volunteers needed are from 8:30-10 and 11:30-1.
Please consider working a full shift for a position, or even a few hours would be great.

I am still looking for a few all-day AWESOME volunteers.
Please email me at ac.dctri@gmail.com for your top pick of times and positions!

Thanks!
Amanda

POSTED: 3/12/14 12:56 PM

Hello,

Just wanted to remind everyone of this fantastic opportunity to kick start the tri season. It's a very well attended event that couldn't happen without our club volunteers.

Please email me at ac.dctri@gmail.com to help out.

And thank you to those who have already signed up. Remember, volunteering is awesome and even more awesome with a friend
::;')::

Amanda

POSTED: 3/17/14 3:47 PM

Okay, starting to panic a bit...

PLEASE help out for any time you can. We really need people, especially for the relay competition and campus dash - but really all day.

Please email me at ac.dctri@gmail.com or I will have to resort to begging...

Thank you!
Amanda

POSTED: 3/18/14 8:53 AM

Hi Again,

Thanks to those who have signed up! We are slowly getting there but I still need about 15-20 more awesome volunteers through out the day.

Need another incentive? I will be raffling off TWO (2) $25 coupons to the DC Tri Club shop to my volunteers. FREE SPENDING MONEY to look your DC Tri Club best.

Please email me at ac.dctri@gmail.com to sign up.

Thank you!
Amanda

POSTED: 3/19/14 8:10 AM

Hi,

A huge thanks to those who have signed up! We are slowly getting there with numbers.

My major needs for this event are

Greeters
2 people for each shift: 7:30am-12:00pm and 12:00pm-4:30pm

Swim Relay
7 people for 11:30-1

As well as a few people needed through out the to help with the bike valet, swag bag distribution, and seminar attendants.

Please email me at ac.dctri@gmail.com if you can help out.
Thank you!
Amanda

lisalisadc's ravatar lisalisadc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 423
POSTED: 3/19/14 9:25 PM

If this Expo is for-profit, shouldn't their company provide their own paid staff? It is one thing to for Rock and Roll Marathon/Half-Marathon to 'request' for 50 volunteers as the race has 30K participants and is considered a large event in the endurance and running world. However, the Expo appears to be asking for 25+ DC Tri volunteers. Kudos to the volunteers. But, it sounds like TriMania is asking for a lot and may want to hire a few temporary workers.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria