Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Anyone interested in a century ride June 9?
CREATED: 02/09/12 by wmichaeljones REPLIES: 2
wmichaeljones's ravatar wmichaeljones    JOINED: 1/12/11    POSTS: 17
Anyone interested in a century ride June 9?
POSTED: 2/09/12 4:46 PM

Has anyone heard of the National MS Society Bike Challenge (or has anyone done it before)? It takes place on Saturday, June 9 at National Harbor. There are options for 30, 60 and 100 mile rides. I'm thinking about doing this as my first official century ride, and I was wondering if anyone from the club was interested in joining? Might be cool to have a DC Tri contigent out there. Registration is only $35 (Plus a $300 fundraising commitment).

http://bikedcw.nationalmssociety.org/site/PageServer?pagename=BIKE_DCW_Register

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1742
RE: Anyone interested in a century ride June 9?
POSTED: 2/09/12 6:00 PM

Thanks for posting. I think the MS rides in Virginia are usually 150 clicks over 2 days. I've never heard of a Natl Harbor ride. It's a few weeks before Total 200 and Bike Virginia, and might make for good training, and a club contingent would be fun. Wonder if the course goes along the T200 route.

Update, from the event organizer:

"At this time, 2.10.12, we are not releasing our routes because we are still in the permitting process with the local jurisdictions. The proposed route will leave National Harbor, travel south through Charles County, and return north back to the Harbor."

vkatikin    JOINED: 1/22/12    POSTS: 23
RE: Anyone interested in a century ride June 9?
POSTED: 2/09/12 9:23 PM

I'm in! I'm a newbie cycler, but I think 30 would be reasonable to train for.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria