Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

NEW Training Course Request :)
CREATED: 05/04/10 by ducke REPLIES: 4
ducke's ravatar ducke    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 91
NEW Training Course Request :)
POSTED: 5/04/10 1:09 PM

I think we should have a Training on how to look good when we are about to get our photo taken during a race. Some people seem to have this down to a science. Me not so much, any help?

And to all those who sometimes take these posts too seriously, Yes I am kidding and if you want to laugh take a look at my duathlon photos. 1933.

starcaro's ravatar starcaro    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 60
RE: NEW Training Course Request :)
POSTED: 5/04/10 1:48 PM

hahaha!!! Oh, Goob, you are right, AJ could totally school you on that topic. My 2cents would be ditch the grampa looking glasses. When you are on the run without them, you don't look as goofy. :)

PotomacTriathlete2009's ravatar PotomacTriathlete2009    JOINED: 9/19/09    POSTS: 518
POSTED: 5/04/10 6:45 PM

During the Nation's Tri last Sept. I remember seeing the photographer up ahead. I happened to be apart from the pack so there was no one within 20 feet of me ahead or behind. (Despite rules against drafting, there was a ton of that going on.) I clearly saw the photographer spot me since I was picking up some speed on the bike and he started tracking me. For the next minute or so, all I could think of was not doing anything goofy, like scratching myself or wiping my nose. Or sitting up out of aero position. I intentionally tried to look "cool" for that next minute.

So that's my advice: when you see the photographer tracking you with the telephoto lens, don't scratch yourself or wipe your nose. ;)

irishnd02's ravatar irishnd02    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 98
POSTED: 5/04/10 11:36 PM

Goob, I love 'em. I hope you order them to send for Christmas cards.

In all seriousness, I would recommend some prune juice & a high fiber diet on race week - that'll take care of the constipated look! TMI, I know...

starcaro's ravatar starcaro    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 60
POSTED: 5/05/10 9:24 AM

Mimi, that sounds like a risky proposition... constipated look vs holding in explosive diarrhea probably looks just as bad in pictures.

But regardless, I thank you for giving me the opportunity to use the term explosive diarrhea on the DCTri forum.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria