CREATED: 12/22/11 by nettyrichter REPLIES: 3
nettyrichter    JOINED: 9/27/10    POSTS: 19
IM France 2012
POSTED: 12/22/11 12:50 AM

Anyone signed up or planning to?

hmooney    JOINED: 9/30/09    POSTS: 77
RE: IM France 2012
POSTED: 12/22/11 2:37 PM

I thought about the Germany and France but ended up going with IM Zurich. Mainly due to avg. temps being 70-75, chilly swim but great bike and run temps. Have you done other European races?

nettyrichter    JOINED: 9/27/10    POSTS: 19
POSTED: 1/28/12 6:16 PM

I have not done any european races but travel through Europe quite a bit. What's your take on the bike leg of Zurich? I don't know what to make of the elevation profile and am generally a slow cyclist. Why would I want to do IM France? Smaller womens field...

hmooney    JOINED: 9/30/09    POSTS: 77
POSTED: 1/30/12 9:46 AM

Ya, this will be my first international race as well. Nice can be relatively hot/arrid, just a harder race than Zurich. I know my body and have an aggressive goal time, again for me, sub 12 hr, so I really needed to make sure conditions were right for me where ever I decided to race. The bike was a BIG question I had being in Switzerland, but really there are 3 climbs for a total of 1400 ft in elevation x2 laps and if you think about it, they want people to go there, they need 2000+ participants to make it worth their while so no race is going to be that difficult otherwise, people won't go and the race will eventually go under. So it isn't bad at all, you won't be doing a stage of the TDF in other words, in the Alps somewhere. I did IM Louisville last year, once there it was touted as the fourth hardest IM race...Kona being #1, IM Zurich is in the bottom third wrt difficulty. So, I was pleased to find that out :)

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria