Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Ride Skyline Drive this Saturday
CREATED: 09/17/12 by christyj REPLIES: 3
christyj's ravatar christyj    JOINED: 3/24/12    POSTS: 9
Ride Skyline Drive this Saturday
POSTED: 9/17/12 7:57 PM

Want to get in 1 more long hill ride before the Rev3 Half Full! Anyone other hill lovers out there who aren't worn out from Savageman? Clipping in at 8:30 from Spelunkers in Front Royal.

nelsb7p0's ravatar nelsb7p0    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 428
RE: Ride Skyline Drive this Saturday
POSTED: 9/18/12 5:08 PM

Christy,
I'm planning to head out as well. I emailed a few others to see there interested. Expect there will be at least 5 or so that will be.

Will plan on clipping in at 8:30 @Spelunkers. I'm planning to Thorton Gap and back.

-Brady

christyj's ravatar christyj    JOINED: 3/24/12    POSTS: 9
POSTED: 9/19/12 5:23 AM

Fantastic! Look forward to riding with you all Saturday morning. If anyone is interested in carpooling, I can take up to 3 more people and 3 bikes.

nelsb7p0's ravatar nelsb7p0    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 428
POSTED: 9/21/12 10:14 AM

We'll plan to meet between 8:00 and 8:15 in the back of the Spelunkers parking lot - http://goo.gl/maps/xKNxL
Last time the Spelunkers owner asked us nicely to park in the grass lot directly to the right (East) in the area behind the white garage since they apparently own that as well (our cars were still there when we came back). You can also park along Pine St. I know there may not be many of us, so let's plan to do that so we stay in good favor with Spelunkers.

Start time: 8:30 AM clip in from Spelunkers in Front Royal

Ride/Distance: To Thornton Gap and back ~63mi, Elkwallow and back ~48mi, or any other preferred out and back; brick run after as desired; then lunch at Speulunkers

Weather: Start low 60's and sunny, finish up to the 80's and thunderstorms

Clothing recommendations: I plan to start with arm warmers and a wind vest and shed them (initial descents may be chilly), though that may be overkill

I have a Shenandoah pass that will get myself and 3 others in, so if anybody else has one as well, bring it.

See you all tomorrow,
Brady

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria