Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Last call for gear before Club Championships!
CREATED: 05/04/10 by kmwpro REPLIES: 12
kmwpro's ravatar kmwpro    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 257
Last call for gear before Club Championships!
POSTED: 5/04/10 4:13 PM

People:
We're shutting down the gear shop this FRIDAY, MAY 7 AT 5:00 PM for orders. (It will re-open next week.)

Champion Systems is going to try to turn this around quickly, so you can all be decked out in the red, white and blue for the Club Championships. This is your last chance to place a gear order before the Philly Tri!

Orders placed after 5:00 pm on Friday will NOT make it into the order; we have to shut down the gear shop on the website and paypal, etc. So, if you'd like something for the race, please go order it before 4:59 pm on Friday!

One more note: we also do not place orders that are sent through email - "Please order me some shorts." You must pay before your order goes through.

Thanks!
Gear Team

Nate's ravatar Nate    JOINED: 2/23/10    POSTS: 66
RE: Last call for gear before Club Championships!
POSTED: 5/04/10 11:40 PM

Do you think these would be ready before June 20th?

POSTED: 5/05/10 8:58 AM

No, the order will hopefully be here just in time for Philly, meaning: a few days before that race.

Nate's ravatar Nate    JOINED: 2/23/10    POSTS: 66
POSTED: 5/05/10 8:59 AM

Ok thanks. I'm an NTP newbie and have no idea when the Phily Tri or Club Championships are.

jane456's ravatar jane456    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 69
POSTED: 5/05/10 11:00 AM

Information about the Philly Tri was in the club newsletter last week. Or you could just google it....

Lindsey

starcaro's ravatar starcaro    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 60
POSTED: 5/05/10 11:14 AM

and just to further clarify, this year the Club Championships = Philly Tri... (and just as an FYI, the Club Championship's race changes each year, so next year it will not be Phily Tri).

flora    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 35
POSTED: 5/05/10 1:02 PM

Just two quick questions

Is there a photo of the tri top and tri shorts? It's not showing in the gear shop. Also, are these available somewhere to try on? I recall Conte's once had some samples available for sizing.

merlinkim's ravatar merlinkim    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 285
POSTED: 5/06/10 12:54 PM

Sorry to pile on with questions, but:
1) are the men's jersey's "club cut" or "race cut"; and
2) are the chamois for the shorts the "performance" or "endurance" version?
- Thanks!

POSTED: 5/06/10 2:04 PM

No photo - but they look like all the other gear we've gotten - blue background with the stars, logo, etc.

No samples, see the Gear FAQ. They were here in Feb.

Jerseys are club cut. Race cut is skin tight for pro racers. However if you are a racer and you prefer the race cut, I can order it for you.

No idea on the chamois, if you send me the links for the 2 shorts in question, I can send to our rep and ask him to clarify.

All that being said, I mention this in the Gear FAQ, but I'll say it here as well, in case people haven't seen that yet: if there is a particular gear item you see on the CS website that you'd like to order, please let me know. We can order anything they have. Might not be able to get everything this go around due to the proof approval process and the fact that the order is closing down in just over 24 hours, but we can get it at some point.

merlinkim's ravatar merlinkim    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 285
POSTED: 5/06/10 3:07 PM

Thanks. The diff. b/t race and club on the jerseys may mean sizing down, so I should be ok w/o a special order.

Here's the link to the page on chamois -- http://champ-sys.com/custom/pages/chamois. "Endurance" is more padded, and while for some, more padding=more comfort, for others, more padding=more chafing. They say that either pad is available for both bibs (http://champ-sys.com/custom-bib-shorts.html) and shorts (http://champ-sys.com/custom-shorts.html). Thanks for the quick response.

djkim220    JOINED: 3/19/10    POSTS: 9
POSTED: 5/06/10 10:20 PM

Can anyone give an opinion on whether Champion Systems stuff runs big/small? I ordered M top/bottom and I'm 5'10, 175 (42 shoulders, 32 waist)...should I be ok? Thanks!

siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1051
POSTED: 5/07/10 3:50 PM

I'm 5'11", 160 and just received my Med. from the previous order. It fit's well and I would call it comfortably snug.

If you're really concerned, you might consider ordering two sets and then selling off what doesn't fit. There will always be someone out there willing to get some club gear in between orders.

Gear Shop Closed: Will reopen next week!
POSTED: 5/07/10 5:05 PM

The gear shop is now closed so we can process the orders.

This order is expected to be back a few days before the Philly race in June.

The shop will reopen next week.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria