DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

7/12 Vertical Swimmer Ride
CREATED: 07/10/09 by kmwpro REPLIES: 5
kmwpro's ravatar kmwpro    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 263
7/12 Vertical Swimmer Ride
POSTED: 7/10/09 10:18 AM

Hey,
Any others in the less speedy group planning to ride on Sun?

I'm usually a few min behind the main pack so I'm trying to see if there are going to be any others back there with me this week. Apparently all of the Cool Kids (ie, people my speed!) are going to be at some sort of Training Tri. I didn't get the memo ;) but Vertical Swimmer Rides are far more fun anyway. Right?

-Karen

wombat's ravatar wombat    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 266
RE: 7/12 Vertical Swimmer Ride
POSTED: 7/10/09 12:17 PM

I'll be in the back of the pack for Sunday's ride. I'm so slow that my weak chicken legs will probably only do and out and back, skipping the loop and knocking 20 or so miles off the ride. And even though I'm doing fewer miles, I'll still be the last one to arrive back at base. (Assuming I don't get lost!)

Tammy

kmwpro's ravatar kmwpro    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 263
POSTED: 7/10/09 3:36 PM

Tammy,
I think there will be a few of us less-speedy-than-the-lead-pack riders out there on Sunday - we can all exchange numbers before we roll out so we can look out for one another.

See you then!
Karen

rah2774's ravatar rah2774    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 247
POSTED: 7/10/09 5:12 PM

I have not spent much time in the saddle since Eagleman (2 rides, both last weekend, totaling 70 miles)... so I strongly suspect I won't be able to keep up with the Vietnamese Royalty or the likes of Freak or the Suzuki... or if I do, I'll die trying and surely regret it.

I've never ridden longer than 56.. and that was almost a month ago. So, this may be ugly.

-becky

alyonka1    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 3
POSTED: 7/23/09 9:44 AM

I have not been able to make it to the rides yet. I am a little scared that I will be the slowest person in the group. Are there others with a slow pace who have done the Sunday rides?

rah2774's ravatar rah2774    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 247
POSTED: 7/23/09 10:17 AM

Hi.
Come on out and join us!
I think I'm a slightly above average rider. 2 weeks ago I was a middle of the packer finishing with an average of 16mph (probably faster b/c there was at least one stop I forgot to stop my watch).
Last week was a smaller group - the "bike nazis," Vietnamese Royalty, and me. I finished with 16.6 as my average for the 80 mile jaunt. I plan to be out again and hope to improve my pace.
If you haven't ridden - this route involves rolling hills, some of which will just about stop a human rider (but are no match for the likes of the bike nazis).
Not sure, but I think next week may be back down to 60 (if not next week, in 2 weeks)... so if you want to start up and see if you like it, that might be your best bet if you're worried about jumping in to a 90 mile ride. In any event, hope to see you out there!
-becky

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria