DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Recommendation for massage and dry needling therapy
CREATED: 03/08/14 by norgato REPLIES: 8
norgato's ravatar norgato    JOINED: 5/13/13    POSTS: 32
Recommendation for massage and dry needling therapy
POSTED: 3/08/14 4:28 PM

my first title post! yay!

So after doing an injury screening I have come to learn (or, stop being in denial about) the fact that I have some icky back issues that can no longer be dealt with with just exercises and really needs massage, foam rolling and some dry needling therapy to rehab.

So, I would love any advice of spots and people to go to for this. I'd love it if it were somewhere not too expensive/that takes insurance.

thanks!

HappyRunner's ravatar HappyRunner    JOINED: 1/15/11    POSTS: 205
RE: Recommendation for massage and dry needling therapy
POSTED: 3/09/14 8:45 AM

I have worked with Rudy Munoz, of Sports Stretch International in Old Town Alexandria ((703) 371-3812). He is a real guru and doesn't immediately go for the trouble area, but knows what is pulling on what so he gets to the root of the problem. LMT and CMT degrees. He doesn't take insurance (mostly because he doesn't have to -- his schedule fills up just fine without that hassle). Highly recommended.

afava's ravatar afava    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 257
POSTED: 3/10/14 7:51 AM

Try Dr Schreffler. He's right at Courthouse Metro. He does chiro, ART, dry needling and a bunch of other stuff - he uses what makes sense based on your situation. He's a miracle worker, but he'll also send you to the right resource if he thinks you'll benefit from something he can't offer directly.

Andrea

dhops's ravatar dhops    JOINED: 7/12/12    POSTS: 113
POSTED: 3/10/14 8:14 AM

Chris Hendricks is a wizard at bodywork and has changed my life. Truly! He is one of only 350 Aston-Patterners (it's like a cross between massage, chiropractic and PT) worldwide and will get you in prime working condition. He has an office and does house calls. He is phenomenal. Tell him d.hops sent you!

703-634-3431, chris@bodygeometry.net

POSTED: 3/10/14 10:41 AM

thank you all for the great advice! I'm going to start looking into these and getting my body fixed :)

POSTED: 4/03/14 11:26 AM

Hi all,

thanks again for the great recs.

I ended up going with Rose Physical Therapy bc they were the easiest to work with me insuance wise. It's only been a couple of weeks but they've been fantastic as PTs and I've gotten my dry needling on! thought i'd share :)

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 708
POSTED: 4/03/14 2:30 PM

Sports & Spinal Physical Therapy is one of our Partner Companies and I was just there for a massage - saw Eileen Hocking - she is excellent.
'
SSPT
2175 K St, NW
WDC 20037
202-463-7611

dbowe's ravatar dbowe    JOINED: 9/7/09    POSTS: 79
POSTED: 4/04/14 7:34 AM

Glad to hear, Norgato!! RosePT is awesome! :D

fets's ravatar fets    JOINED: 8/15/13    POSTS: 38
POSTED: 4/05/14 3:29 PM

I receive dry needling treatment from Dr. Bagy (he goes by Dr. H) at United Wellness Center in Herndon. I also receive active release therapy from Dr. H, Dr. Wong, & Dr. Chow at United Wellness Center. Dr. Chow & Dr. Wong also do graston technique as part of my treatment. They are ALL phenomenal. Dr. H is the chiropractor for the Redskins and Nationals, and Dr. Wong is the chiro for DC United. I've had 5 arthroscopic hip surgeries and also have a spondylolisthesis. They have given me my life back. Before last summer I could not run. I started seeing them at the start of August and was able to participate in Nation's.

www.unitedwellnesscenter.com

I do my physical therapy at Fast Track Physical Therapy/Endurance Athletes Center in Falls Church. I had been to many PTs before, but they finally get what is going on and I am FINALLY making progress towards putting this behind me forever!!!! My last hip arthroscopy showed articular cartilage erosion (aka starting to develop osteoarthritis at 28). It is a lot of hard work, but I will be able to not only run for a long time, but I will not be looking at having one or both of my hips replaced within the next 5-10 years (for the record, if I was not active, early hip replacement would have been guaranteed). I also just made my first appointment for a medical message there after the 17.75K, and am super excited.

enduracenter.com

Best of luck!

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria