Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

SSPT OWS This Saturday
CREATED: 06/06/11 by ktuinstra REPLIES: 22
ktuinstra's ravatar ktuinstra    JOINED: 5/4/09    POSTS: 22
SSPT OWS This Saturday
POSTED: 6/06/11 3:03 PM

Is anyone going to the OWS clinic this weekend at Sandy Point? I'm looking for a ride and would be happy to help pay for gas. Thanks!
kristine.tuinstra (at) gmail.com

skarpers's ravatar skarpers    JOINED: 5/9/11    POSTS: 36
RE: SSPT OWS This Saturday
POSTED: 6/06/11 3:10 PM

I am going. I am in the 7:30am group. You are more than welcome to ride down with me. you can contact me sarah.karpinski (at) gmail.com

msteponk's ravatar msteponk    JOINED: 1/5/11    POSTS: 16
POSTED: 6/06/11 4:31 PM

I'm going and am in the 8:30 group if anyone needs a ride. I'm in Alexandria.

mary

POSTED: 6/07/11 10:30 AM

Thanks for offering, Mary. Sarah and I are going to ride together. Should be a good event- see you there.

JADMeza's ravatar JADMeza    JOINED: 12/1/09    POSTS: 46
POSTED: 6/07/11 12:15 PM

I can really use this clinic. Can't find the details - anyone have them? I can also carpool someone - let me know.
Thx.
John-Anthony

POSTED: 6/07/11 1:09 PM

This isn't a Tri Club event- its through Sport and Spinal PT. You can find more info about it here: http://www.ssptdc.com/services/triathlon-open-water-swim-clinic.asp. Its currently sold out but they do have a waiting list if people drop out.

They have a lot of great events, so I'd recommend getting on their event email list.

jgselim's ravatar jgselim    JOINED: 1/11/11    POSTS: 39
POSTED: 6/07/11 1:28 PM

@John-Anthony - Here is a hyperlink if you prefer:

http://www.ssptdc.com/services/triathlon-open-water-swim-clinic.asp

WaveOne also has an OWS Clinic at National Harbor the same morning (unfortunately it's not free like the SSPT clinic). And don't forget WaveOne also has Thursday night OWS practice at National Harbor. It is more of a practice than a clinic, but they will be happy to assist you if you have questions. Advance sign up is highly recommended. Last week's sold out. They are offering a 10% discount if you attend 6/9, 6/11 and 6/16.

Link to calendar of events (with links to single event registration):
http://www.feelthewater.com/Calendar_Swims.html

Link to discounted bundle:
http://www.feelthewater.com/DCTri_Water_Ready_Swims.html

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1794
POSTED: 6/07/11 10:49 PM

BTW, Sport and Spinal is looking for kayak or surf board volunteers to watch over the swimmers during the event. In exchange, you get a free massage at S&S's downtown office. You can still swim before, and after, the group swim. And do the bike ride being bandied about for afterwards. And do the lunch being bandied about after the ride, at the likes of Canter's or Red, Hot, and Blue. Now all that sounds like a great summer Saturday...

...I've been pencilled in for the 7:30 clinic/swim, so I'm looking to leave Alexandria c. 6:30, looking to give or take a ride.

hwaigand's ravatar hwaigand    JOINED: 2/24/10    POSTS: 53
POSTED: 6/08/11 11:18 AM

I'm on the waistlist (I think) and would like to swim laps even if I can't participate in the clinic. If anyone is leaving from NW DC, please let me know if I can grab a ride. I'm happy to share in the gas costs. Thanks, Heather.

Also, I think the Wave One swim clinic on 6/11 is only for 18 & Under.

rojojade's ravatar rojojade    JOINED: 1/19/11    POSTS: 366
POSTED: 6/08/11 2:23 PM

Hi peeps - I have a car, leaving from NW DC, and am sloted to do the swim at 830am. feel free to email me if that works in your time frame ... rojojade @ gmail.com

Also planning on riding afterwards to get my legs ready for the upcoming shinanigans. :D

jgselim's ravatar jgselim    JOINED: 1/11/11    POSTS: 39
POSTED: 6/08/11 2:26 PM

@Ed - Are there more details posted about bike ride and lunch after the clinic? I'd like to hear more (mostly timeline).

@Heather - As far as I can tell WaveOne is doing two clinics that morning, a youth clinic (18yo & under) and a regular clinic open to all, although I have to admit their site is a little hard to read.

@Anyone needing a ride, I'm scheduled for the 7:30 session at Sandy Point, and I am picking up 1 person in Adams Morgan at 6:15. I have room for 2 more assuming no bikes. As of right now, I probably will not be doing the bike and lunch after the swim clinic, so let me know.

Jubran

astolz1's ravatar astolz1    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 556
POSTED: 6/09/11 1:51 PM

I'm in for the 830 - 930 clinic and would like to carpool if possible. I live in Courthouse, email me.
I also mapped out a ~24 mi ride from the park that includes a downtown stop for ice cream @mi 15.5.
I'd like to avg about 17-18 mph so including stops, a little less than 2 hours total.
http://goo.gl/maps/A1PG
Anyone in?
- Adam
edit: Heard that the link above doesn't work for some so I drew it up on mapmyride that makes the cue sheet and elev profile.
http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/fullscreen/37064130/#

BrianJ783    JOINED: 2/9/11    POSTS: 10
POSTED: 6/09/11 3:45 PM

Anyone else get wait listed for this? Would it be bad etiquette to show up anyways? Either way I'll be up for a ride and probably swim on my own.

hwaigand's ravatar hwaigand    JOINED: 2/24/10    POSTS: 53
POSTED: 6/09/11 4:07 PM

@ Jubran--thanks for the offer but I took a look at the Wave One site again and signed up for that clinic. There's a waitlist of at least 100 people for the SSPT clinic so I'm never getting into that one. Best of luck to everyone heading out to Sandy Point on Saturday and hope to see some familiar faces at National Harbor.
--Heather

travism's ravatar travism    JOINED: 1/17/11    POSTS: 18
POSTED: 6/09/11 5:54 PM

Heather, I'm heading to the Saturday Wave One clinic, too. See you out there!

blustinc's ravatar blustinc    JOINED: 8/8/10    POSTS: 23
POSTED: 6/09/11 6:15 PM

I'm in for the 7:30 am clinic and have room for 4 people + 4 bikes on an external rack. I'm leaving from Arlington Court house, if anyone wants a ride email me blustinc@gmail.com

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1794
POSTED: 6/10/11 2:59 PM

Adam: Your route coming south on Rte 2 affords a broad shoulder on that side of the road, no? And avoids the underpass coming noth on the other side of the road, correct?

JADMeza's ravatar JADMeza    JOINED: 12/1/09    POSTS: 46
POSTED: 6/10/11 3:03 PM

See ya'll there for the Wave One clinic on Sat. I'll be there too. Did the Wave One HH yesterday.

astolz1's ravatar astolz1    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 556
POSTED: 6/10/11 3:17 PM

Ed, et al,
After leaving the B&A trail, we take Boulters Way to go under Rt 50 avoiding the Rte 2/50 interchange. It pops us onto Rte 2 for a mi and yes, the 1 mi stretch on Rte 2 has a wide shoulder on it.

pstern    JOINED: 4/21/11    POSTS: 1
POSTED: 6/10/11 4:17 PM

I am in 8:30 clinic and live in Cleveland Park, Northwest DC and have room for four passengers. I figure I shall leave around 6:45

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria