If you suffer from neck stiffness, tension, or pain, yoga can help alleviate your discomfort and enhance your well-being. Attend this session and learn about the causes of neck pain, yoga-based activities that can help ease your discomfort, and how to incorporate yoga based practices in your daily life.
Date: Wednesday, November 13, 2013
Time: 6:45pm - 8:00pm
Where: Sports and Spinal Physical Therapy, 2175 K Street, NW, Suite C-120, Washington, DC 20037 (next to Starbucks)
Attend this session and learn:
- Common causes of neck pain, and everyday activities that can contribute to your discomfort
- Posture tips for those with a history of neck pain
- A short and simple repertoire of yoga stretches and strengthening exercises to maintain a healthy, pain-free cervical spine
- Modifications to common yoga postures for people experiencing neck pain or discomfort
- Simple, yoga-based practices that you can do at work and at home to release muscle tension for immediate relief
This session will include demonstrations of yoga poses and modifications to common yoga postures. If you would like to participate in the demonstrations, please come dressed in comfortable attire.
Instructor: Caroline Buths, DPT, RYT is a manual physical therapist and a certified Kripalu Yoga Instructor. Caroline often fuses her physical therapy care with yogic concepts and believes that yoga's versatile nature allows all of us to be yoga practitioners.
This workshop is being presented by DC Tri Club Partner Sports + Spinal Physical Therapy. For more information on SSPT, visit us at www.ssptdc.com or www.facebook.com/ssptdc.