Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Need 56/58 cm Bike!
CREATED: 06/06/11 by laurarussell REPLIES: 4
laurarussell    JOINED: 9/20/10    POSTS: 11
Need 56/58 cm Bike!
POSTED: 6/06/11 8:01 PM

I have a friend who wants to start training for a triathlon this fall. He needs any kind of bike for about $300. Does anyone have an old road bike they are looking to get rid of to a new home?

Gato's ravatar Gato    JOINED: 4/25/11    POSTS: 46
RE: Need 56/58 cm Bike!
POSTED: 6/06/11 8:40 PM

Are you serious? Strange timing. One week ago this would have been a simple transaction. I just bent my frame while crashing at the Haines Point ride last Thursday. My bike is at the shop to swap bottom brackets and head sets and switch from my new (broken bike) to my old bike. I don't think they started the work. I would rather spend the money on a new frame since 56 is small for me. Maybe this will work for your friend. Here is what I have. Red 56 cm Cannondale 3.0 (three pounds) frame. Campy Athena breaks, Shimano Ultegra flight deck 9 speed shifters (one break lever has a cracked dust cover, but works perfectly), Ultegra derailures. The wheels are Mavic with new tires. I just changed the cables and the handlebar. If you wanted to look at it you could stop by the Revolution Bikes in Crystal City Crystal drive and 20th st. Let me know what you think and I will have him hold off on the work. No pressure at all, but if it works for you, it works for me. The bike has many different components, but the frame, wheels and breaks have 3-4 thousand miles on them. Everything else is less old. I have a picture I took recently I might be able to email it to you if gave me an email. I could make more if I sold all the components, but who want's to deal with that? Good luck.

POSTED: 6/06/11 9:48 PM

That sounds like a perfect deal for him, but did you see the price I mentioned? He only wants to pay around $300ish, it sounds like your bike is pretty nice and would go for more. What price point are you looking at? If you want to send pics my email is laura 82 ashley at me dot com. Thanks!!!!!!

POSTED: 6/06/11 9:48 PM

That sounds like a perfect deal for him, but did you see the price I mentioned? He only wants to pay around $300ish, it sounds like your bike is pretty nice and would go for more. What price point are you looking at? If you want to send pics my email is laura 82 ashley at me dot com. Thanks!!!!!!

Gato's ravatar Gato    JOINED: 4/25/11    POSTS: 46
POSTED: 6/06/11 10:30 PM

The bike is good for starters, if you see it, you will see the wear. $300 would be fine. It will go a long way to help convince my wife to let me get a new frame. I will send the picture now, it's a pic taken about 2 weeks ago with my cell phone. Not very clear, but you can get the idea. Best thing would be to go see it. I don't have to be there. If you like it, I can meet you since I work a block away. I can have them hold of from doing the work another day if you think you would like to see it.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria