Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3   Next Page

ITU Race in Washington, DC!
CREATED: 04/02/09 by siehndel REPLIES: 57
morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 686
RE: ITU Race in Washington, DC!
POSTED: 4/08/09 3:15 PM

I'm glad I am not the only one that had a bit of sticker shock when I saw the $170 registration fee. I hope they have excellent swag! I will also take solace in no travel time, minimum disruption to family life and no hotel costs and cough up the $170. I'll probably cough up a few more things in the Potomac. Happy Racing Everyone.

tozamile's ravatar tozamile    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 19
POSTED: 4/08/09 3:35 PM

Just signed up. For the USAT members, check your email. We get to sign up starting today, with open registration starting Friday.

POSTED: 4/08/09 3:45 PM

I clicked on the link I got in my email, but could not find a "registration" button anywhere. Am I blind?

POSTED: 4/08/09 3:47 PM

Ok - found it. Not blind. Technologically challenged.

eric guzmanaalv's ravatar eric guzmanaalv    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 140
POSTED: 4/08/09 6:48 PM

I am in
for those complaining about $$$$ cost all big city races cost the around there plus the hotel and travel expenses at least here we can sleep in the comfort of ours' own bed. I take that over a hotel all the time

Let have some fun
Eric

daly    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 6
POSTED: 4/08/09 7:43 PM

Just an FYI since the website indicates that the DC Tri Club is coordinating volunteers: The link to register as a volunteer is down right now.

mmerson's ravatar mmerson    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 57
POSTED: 4/08/09 7:54 PM

It's not that it's down... So much as that it's not up yet. Registration for the race opens officially on Friday but early registration is available to USAT members so some functionality is operational.

jvance    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 11
POSTED: 4/08/09 7:56 PM

Huh. I'm a USAT member, but didn't get any email. Bugger.

adilks    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 290
POSTED: 4/08/09 9:23 PM

Try this link to register:
http://www.washingtondc-triathlon.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=73:usat-early-registration&catid=2:age-group

finnegen's ravatar finnegen    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 56
POSTED: 4/09/09 4:17 PM

I have tried the early sign up for the sprint. Keeps timing out on me or is just a blank frame. Contacted management via the email form twice no response.

harburgm's ravatar harburgm    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 93
POSTED: 4/23/09 5:03 PM

Hey look at this press! It is about the Mayor and Olympian Shoemaker:

http://www.triathlon.org/?call=TVRBeQ==&keep=sh

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1655
POSTED: 6/18/09 10:27 PM

Dislike bringing up this subject but, if the swim were cancelled due to rain, when might an announcement be made, and how might this affect the race, possible rebates, etc?

mmerson's ravatar mmerson    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 57
POSTED: 6/19/09 6:17 AM

I'm told that the water conditions arw such that the chances of rain-related problems are remote -- lightening would be a different situation. Cancelling the swim would not in and of itself have any effect. Often water conditions have caused events to be modified to duathlons. The good news is that Sunday's weather forecast was quite excellent as of yesterday. Let's not worry and just enjoy what is shaping up to be an historic weekend of triathlon in our great city. Anyone who is thinking of taking a pass on this weekend's events will miss a great show. There are still oppoetunities to participate as a volunteer or to take the officials clinic tomorrow and work the elite race Sunday (no experience necessary). .

Tamara's ravatar Tamara    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 28
POSTED: 6/19/09 8:27 AM

Hmmm...officiating clinic? The athlete who was supposed to homestay with us withdrew from the race due to a training bike crash. So, where can I learn more about the clinic???

trithis73's ravatar trithis73    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 525
POSTED: 6/19/09 9:33 AM

I know there was a tread on this and I contact the person on the tread. How do we get in the officiating clinic???

sandyc's ravatar sandyc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 288
POSTED: 6/19/09 10:53 AM

I think this is what you are looking for regarding the officiating clinic (courtesy of the great little box in the corner labeled "Search") ;)
http://www.dctriclub.org/forum/messages.cfm?tid=83F01A2D-EEB6-73D2-0203F75288996BF5

harburgm's ravatar harburgm    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 93
POSTED: 6/19/09 3:04 PM

In answer to the swim question - water will be tested on race morning and the final call will be made then. Hopefully good news! So far it is looking promising.

finnegen's ravatar finnegen    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 56
POSTED: 6/19/09 3:53 PM

I just check the DDOE river monitoring page

see -

http://www.ysieconet.com/public/WebUI/Default.aspx?hidCustomerID=167

All stations are green. Roosevelt Island station, station up stream from the swim area, last report @ 3:30pm is -

Temp: 72.00
Ph: 7.68
ODO Conc (mg/l) 9.08
Turbidity + NTU 77.3
Chlorophyll (mg/l) 16.9
Dept (ft) 3.588

nicoleshue's ravatar nicoleshue    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 136
POSTED: 6/19/09 4:17 PM

The river looks DISGUSTING; I personally am hoping for a no-go call sunday morning. Not at all thrilled about the swim.

dcrainmaker's ravatar dcrainmaker    JOINED: 3/24/09    POSTS: 18
POSTED: 6/19/09 4:45 PM

Really? It looks just about as crappy any other week to my nontrained unscientific eyes.

I figure I survived the previous two swims for the Nation's Tri, so this will be just one more. I'd personally be very disappointed if the swim is cancelled.

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria