Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3   Next Page

ITU Race in Washington, DC!
CREATED: 04/02/09 by siehndel REPLIES: 57
eric guzmanaalv's ravatar eric guzmanaalv    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 140
RE: ITU Race in Washington, DC!
POSTED: 6/19/09 7:56 PM

I have swam 2 times nothing had happen to me I have swim in much worse places than the Potomac and I am find the water looks brown because of the rains the last few days. Watching the Korea race on TV 2 nights ago and watching that water put me to wonder if that water was worst than the Potomac and obuisly to me it was because cargo ships were there and trust me the amount of stuff that the ships throw in to water is worst than the rain.They held the race find.
So I think the same should apply to us Sunday I will be really disappointed if the swim get cancel
and for sure the Hudson is worst than thePotomac and their race
with jellyfish last year didn't get cancel.

So lets stay positive for Sunday and stop complaining about the color of the water and how its look
after all is your call if you want to swim at least for me I am swimming no matter how the waters look

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 983
POSTED: 6/19/09 8:40 PM

Did I read that right? The depth is 3.588 feet? SO... we'll be water running this swim course? :)

I know I know... that's not where the swim is. Just thought it was funny.

siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1068
POSTED: 6/19/09 9:40 PM

Hi everyone--

Let's put it this way.... There are more people than you can imagine working to put on the Dextro Energy Triathlon on Sunday. From ITU, USAT, IOC and the US Olympic Committee all the way down to the people doing the grunt work, we're all planning to put on a triathlon on Sunday.

The weather has been bad enough that it has obviously raised concern and discussion of water quality here on the forum. That's great and is the perfect place for that discussion. BUT... there've been several meetings with the top players in the race production staff and not once has the topic of duathlon come up.

So pack your wetsuits and your goggles, we're planning to push all of you into the Potomac on Sunday whether you like it or not!

POSTED: 6/19/09 9:48 PM

I'm pulling you into the Potomac with me, Travis. :)

Good luck to everyone racing. I'll see ya' on the course.

irishnd02's ravatar irishnd02    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 101
POSTED: 6/19/09 10:09 PM

Bring on the swim. Besides, it's not very often you can leave the water looking like you just got a spray tan :)

mccannjl's ravatar mccannjl    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 216
POSTED: 6/20/09 8:51 AM

It hardly seems possible, but yes, it is RAINING AGAIN!

minime's ravatar minime    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 48
POSTED: 6/20/09 8:53 AM

Bring on the copper-water swim baby. I'm ready!

karlaj's ravatar karlaj    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 201
POSTED: 6/20/09 11:48 AM

Thanks for the update Travis!

cfudge1    JOINED: 3/4/09    POSTS: 98
POSTED: 6/20/09 8:22 PM

Are there any updates on the age group swim for tomorrow?

I heard at the expo that the pros WILL be swimming.

eric guzmanaalv's ravatar eric guzmanaalv    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 140
POSTED: 6/20/09 8:26 PM

We are swimming too base on what I was told at the expo and base on what Travis they don't have a plan B and if they go we go
lets have some fun

mmerson's ravatar mmerson    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 69
POSTED: 6/20/09 8:44 PM

The last water quality tests were fine. The weather is beautiful. Let's talk about all the great thinga DC Tri is doing to rock the triathlon world this weekend. We"ve got a spectacular venue and to listen to the elites, we so far are the best stop on the tour. We had an outstanding youth camp Friday, a great welcome dinner for the athletes, and a super reception for sponsors and other supporters tonight. We will turn out the greatest contingent of volunteers tomorrow the ITU likely has seen. Paet on, DC Tri. The best day is Sunday! Thanks to all of you who have helped this city put its best foot forward.

nomisdc's ravatar nomisdc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 616
POSTED: 6/20/09 9:13 PM

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that enters the Potomac with me,
Shall be my brother (and sister)!

drewpugh's ravatar drewpugh    JOINED: 4/7/09    POSTS: 41
POSTED: 6/20/09 9:52 PM

At the 10am briefing, they said that swim pratice was a "go" and when I got down there at 2:45ish with wetsuit in hand there wasn't anyone in the water. I casually asked 3 people why the swim practice was cancelled/delayed and got 3 different answers:

1. There were not enough kayakers for it to be safe.

2. Threats of lighning in the area. (It was pretty clear when I was there.)

3. Too much debris in the river. (Since when are bottles, tree limbs, and little pieces of Jimmy Hoffa considered debris?)

Didn't look bad to me, but what do I know? Just wish I had the chance to jump in today and try out the rented wetsuit, which makes me look like an overdone bratwurst (Yeah, I know, it's not totally the wetsuit's fault).

Anyway, really looking forward to tomorrow... best of luck to everyone and many thanks to all of the volunteers!!!

-Drew

PS - Just saw this on ST:

http://www.slowtwitch.com/News/Much_ado_about_a_duathlon_rumor_872.html

lisalisadc's ravatar lisalisadc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 423
POSTED: 6/20/09 10:18 PM

TV COVERAGE OF THE ITU RACE:

Live on triathlon live tv - http://www.triathlonlive.tv/index/home

But, get your hiney out there and cheer!

I think it's also here LIVE, but hard to tell:

http://www.universalsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=23000&KEY=&ATCLID=3737675&SPID=13056&SPSID=357349 OR http://www.universalsports.com/mediaPlayer/media.dbml?id=144946&catid=-2&sid=13056&db_oem_id=23000

A cameraman told me that the DC ITU race special will be on Universal on Thursday, June 25. Universal's website confirmed at 9:00 p.m. Viewing party anyone?????

On a side note, here's a schedule of all of the triathlons Universal Sports is covering this year: http://www.universalsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&SPSID=357349&SPID=13056&DB_OEM_ID=23000&ATCLID=3694918

ITU Madrid is on Tuesday & Wed. & Thurs. on Universal;

POSTED: 6/22/09 7:52 AM

Any word on where we can find official times online? I didn't copy them down at the tent because I thought they'd be readily available.

cfudge1    JOINED: 3/4/09    POSTS: 98
POSTED: 6/22/09 8:00 AM

http://washington-dc.triathlon.org/index.php/en/event-information/race-results

sstriguy's ravatar sstriguy    JOINED: 6/18/09    POSTS: 14
POSTED: 6/22/09 9:13 AM

Here's the direct link to online race results

http://www.onlineraceresults.com/event/view_event.php?event_id=3711

POSTED: 6/22/09 9:21 AM

The results are under the Event Information. I kept looking under Age Group which was why I missed the results and posted here looking for them.

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria