Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Looking to get involved
CREATED: 06/23/10 by milrep706 REPLIES: 6
milrep706's ravatar milrep706    JOINED: 2/18/10    POSTS: 3
Looking to get involved
POSTED: 6/23/10 9:36 PM

Joined the DC Tri Club earlier this to get some insight in training for my first triathlon. After completing the DC Tri sprint last weekend, I'm hooked. I'd like to get more involved with the club and look forward to meeting, training and racing with you all.

hppeabody's ravatar hppeabody    JOINED: 9/17/09    POSTS: 193
RE: Looking to get involved
POSTED: 6/23/10 9:47 PM

I hear that a great way to get involved is to go to the wednesday night track workouts at wilson...supposedly thats where all the cool kids are every wednesday night... just sayin'... (definitely not a shameless plug)

H

bsull184's ravatar bsull184    JOINED: 2/6/10    POSTS: 283
POSTED: 6/23/10 10:07 PM

Actually, I think all the cool kids are at CUA swimming on Wednesday nights. :)

-Brian

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1302
POSTED: 6/23/10 10:08 PM

The greatest concentration of DCTri folks to gather in one location, outside of an official race, is PeasantMan (July 25th). 75% of the people attending this event are DCTri members. We are talking nearly 150 DCTri members.

Some of the most active folks within DCTri will be there. It's the who's who's of DCTri. 5 of the 11 DCTri board members will be there including the club president, volunteer coordinator, communication coordinator, social/event coordinator, and race director.

If you are serious about getting involved in the club, there is no better place to be than at that event. The event is closed but you can come and volunteer. By volunteering not only will people know who you are but you will get to make a great first impression on people since you will be directly helping them out.

Below is the link to describe more about PeasantMan. I hear the guy organizing that is an outstanding guy :) Drop him an email if you want to volunteer.

http://www.dctriclub.org/forum/messages.cfm?tid=D063F304-9E10-5997-05E267632726FF2A

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1761
POSTED: 6/24/10 11:21 AM

PeasantMan, and the Vietnamese Century, are hard to beat, but there's usually a sizeable group Tuesday nights for the Conte's Ballston bike rides, especially on the first Tuesday with its free bbq. Not to mention the club HHs. Lotsa people will be doing laps this summer at the Hains Pt pool too. And, if you're so inclined, rather fast rides at Hains Tues Thurs mornings and from Georgetown Sat morns.

milrep706's ravatar milrep706    JOINED: 2/18/10    POSTS: 3
POSTED: 6/24/10 9:20 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm definitely going to hit up the Tuesday rides from Conte's and maybe the track workouts on Wednesdays (Wilson by Tenleytown, right?).

Checking the calendar on volunteering, but PeasantMan sounds like a great opportunity.

... and if the Saturday morning rides are anything close to as entertaining as the email announcing them, I'll be there too.

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1302
POSTED: 6/24/10 9:41 PM

The Saturday rides that you are referring to are actually on Sundays ... rookie mistake I know but don't let it happen again ;)

There is a smaller DCTri Saturday group that rides out of the same location but they are very fast and in all likelihood ... on EPO.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria