Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Discount for VTS races?
CREATED: 12/06/12 by katiewalsh REPLIES: 3
katiewalsh's ravatar katiewalsh    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 26
Discount for VTS races?
POSTED: 12/06/12 9:17 AM

Has anyone been able to use the club discount to sign up for Kinetic (or another VTS race) for 2013?

ajulia's ravatar ajulia    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 145
RE: Discount for VTS races?
POSTED: 12/06/12 10:37 AM

It's not you! Each race discount code expires at the end of the year. We're working now on getting all the new club codes set up for 2013, including VTS. We'll do an announcement when they are available.

Thanks for your patience!

jbauer    JOINED: 1/1/11    POSTS: 72
POSTED: 12/06/12 12:12 PM

Is there a time frame on when the new codes will be finalized and available? Will the MTS/VTS/SetupEvents discount will go into effect on Jan 1 like it did in 2012?

I'm not trying to be pushy here, but I'd like to get more details if possible. The first price changes occur on Dec 15 and Jan 1. Depending on the race, it would be a better deal to register early than to wait for a $10 discount after the price changes. I know that $5 and $10 differences aren't significant in the big picture, but they can quickly add up to another race entry in a two-triathlete household. As a side note, it appears that I made the wrong call to register early for Nation's (at $175) instead of waiting for the discount ($190-$25 = $165).

Thanks for working on this, and I'll try to be patient.

rtroll's ravatar rtroll    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 500
POSTED: 12/06/12 6:22 PM

Justin -

We'll try our best to pin down our partners on all of these asap. Julia has been a rockstar in putting MOU's in place with all of our partners (race organizers, shops, etc) that articulate member-only discounts and perks we've negotiated. At this point it's just a matter of chasing them down for the details and sometimes these organizations will hold their cards close for a number of reasons. I can assure you we are doing everything in our power on almost a daily basis to secure the 2013 codes!

As for Nations's...here's a thought, before you make that next tri related purchase be sure to check out our line up of discounts under our SAVE section. Usually one or two purchases with your member discount will pay for your membership and put some money back in your pocket. I don't want to let the cat out of the bag too soon but we have an AMAZING discount program launching this month through a recent partnership we secured with a well known race wheel company.

Ryan
President, DC Tri Club

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria