DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Yet another Wed. track option
CREATED: 09/14/11 by siehndel REPLIES: 10
siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1061
Wed. Evening Track at Gallaudet
POSTED: 9/14/11 10:33 AM

Hi everyone,

I have yet another Wednesday evening track option for your running pleasure. Please feel free to show up and join us soon.

Wednesday Cap Hill Track Work: Gallaudet Univ.
Join the Capitol Hill training group for speed work at the Gallaudet University Track.
Where: Gallaudet Univ. (Map)
When: Wednesday evenings at 7pm
Details: Workouts are provided and are generally modeled after the Dunbar High workouts provided by Hilary Cairns. All levels welcome. Workouts are typically include roughly 5km of speed and are easily adjustable to your ability and needs. Meet at track at 7pm for stretching and warm up with speed work beginning at 7:10. Gallaudet Univ. is located at 800 Florida Ave. NE. There is parking on campus if needed. Enter the campus and bear right at the fork and park near the athletic center. Workouts are occasionally followed by happy hour or dinner on nearby H St.

Contact Travis Siehndel (ntp@dctriclub.org) with questions or to be added to the weekly email that goes out. Or just show up and run!

RE: Yet another Wed. track option
POSTED: 9/21/11 2:27 PM

Workout this week is 400, 800, 1200, 1200, 800, 400 or some variation in between.

I won't be there due to work this week but show up anyway and run some laps for me. The group will be there!

Travis

POSTED: 10/05/11 8:45 AM

In case anyone is lurking on this thread, we won't be at the track tonight due to a soccer game. We'll be back next week at 7pm.

POSTED: 3/21/12 8:44 AM

Just a reminder that we'll be at the Gallaudet track tonight at 7pm for a repeat of Hillary Cairns morning workout.

Enter the campus at 8th and Florida, bear right and you'll see the track a couple of blocks up on your right.

-Travis

POSTED: 4/04/12 9:27 AM

Track is ON for tonight - workout will be 2 x 400, 2 x 800, 2 x 400, 2 x 800, 2 x 400. Short and sweet. Should be a toasty 70 degrees at 7pm.

News for next week: The club is tying the regional happy hour to our track workout on the 11th. Bring some dry clothes for the bar and we'll head over to H St. Country Club after the run for some $1 tacos (with the purchase of two drinks) and Skee Ball.

Check the original post for details. See you at the track.

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1050
POSTED: 4/04/12 8:10 PM

Travis - you are combining my two favorite activities....Track workouts and HH. Keep me posted on this. I may be looking at a 5 x 1000 workout.

POSTED: 4/09/12 10:30 PM

The workout this week will be 2x(200, 400, 600, 800). If you are feeling advanced, you can add one more set.

Don't forget that we will be hosting the DC happy hour as well. Bring some dry clothes and we'll head over to H St. Country Club for some fun and games after a hard workout. In the event of rain, I'll send a message and we can skip the workout and head straight to the track (Something I feel like I've been doing all too often lately).

I hope everyone had a great weekend with family and friends,

Travis

DJohnston    JOINED: 1/20/12    POSTS: 9
POSTED: 4/10/12 11:04 AM

Travis - Is it okay to show up and do a workout of my own? - I need to do some threshold work (around 4-5k worth of temp). Looks like the structure of yours is much more speed oriented, but it's always nice to have people around. And beers and skeeball too.
Doug

POSTED: 4/10/12 11:13 AM

Yeah, Doug. That is no problem. We generally have a couple of people running their own thing in lane 6. The track is just a good place to have some company. Hopefully we'll see you this week.

POSTED: 4/25/12 8:47 AM

Track is ON tonight at Gallaudet at 7pm. Hope to see some new faces out this week.

The workout is whatever variation of 2x400, 2x800, 2x1200, 1600 that you are comfortable with. You can also feel free to come out and jog some easy laps on the outside of the track. All are welcome.

-Travis

maraneta    JOINED: 12/9/10    POSTS: 4
POSTED: 6/04/12 1:51 PM

hi, please add me to the listserv. maraneta@tulane.edu

thanks.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria