Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

TEAM LIPSTICK is coming to Washington D.C. !!
CREATED: 03/16/10 by lisalisadc REPLIES: 10
lisalisadc's ravatar lisalisadc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 423
POSTED: 3/16/10 3:05 PM

A new, all-female triathlon team is coming to DC. I'm coaching run sessions. So feel free to send questions to me or to Laura, the director.

And Lululemon is hosting…

Train For Your First Triathlon
Info session with Laura Cozik, Founder and CEO, Team Lipstick
Hosted by lululemon in Georgetown
3265 M Street NW / 202.333.1738
Saturday, March 20, 5:30pm

Have you ever aspired to participate in a triathlon? With smart and structured training, anyone can do it. And with a fun, positive experience, you will be hooked as triathlon becomes a lifestyle. Team Lipstick is NYC’s largest and most successful all-female triathlon team. They are launching a 12-week program this March in Washington D.C. , geared towards the beginner triathlete. The program is extremely detailed and comprehensive, with 6 coached training sessions per week, 10 lectures, 2 open water swims, a weekend training camp, and lots of personal attention. Come to lululemon’s beginner triathlete lecture, given by by Laura Cozik, Team Lipstick’s Founder and CEO. There will be prizes, giveaways, and a FREE entry to the DC Tri!! www.dctri.com Learn how to get involved with the sport of triathlon now!!

Laura Cozik is the Founder and CEO of Team Lipstick, NYC’s largest and most successful all-female triathlon team. She is also the Athletic Director for CNN’s Fit Nation Triathlon Challenge, a USA Triathlon Level 1 Coach and a USA Cycling Level 3 Coach. Together with D.C. experts in the multi-sport industry, Laura intends to launch the most comprehensive program of the highest quality for triathlon first timers in the Washington D.C. area.

This training program is in preparation for The DC Tri, a sprint distance race on June 20, 2010, that is ultra friendly and FUN! Get ready to “Get Racy!”

For more information, please contact:

Laura Cozik
laura@teamlipstick.com / www.teamlipstick.com

ashleynellis1's ravatar ashleynellis1    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 84
RE: TEAM LIPSTICK is coming to Washington D.C. !!
POSTED: 3/16/10 3:41 PM

I would want to participate in this group if (a) I wasn't in DC Tri, and (b) I didn't find the name so horribly offensive, suggestive, and narrow-minded. Seriously, couldn't they come up with a better label for kick-ass women athletes than LIPSTICK?

POSTED: 3/17/10 11:57 PM

It is a little absurd to think that someone would not sign up for a triathlon training program because of the name. I've never heard objections over Team Fexy (F-ing sexy), Irongirl, Tri Girl, Go Mama Go from B'more, Sandy Hookers, etc. Those names aren't exactly fem friendly. Team Lipstick is a training program and open to any female triathlete.

Also, the DC Tri course in June is the goal race for many newbie programs, such as, DC Tri and Y Tri. What course would you suggest? I am not a fan of flat ('boring') courses like NJ. However, the DC Tri course is local, spectator friendly, fast, and well organized. It's not sold out yet, either. I've done Nation's Tri three times. It's a good race for rookies. The June race is even better for beginners because it has a smaller field and offers a sprint-distance.

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
POSTED: 3/18/10 1:21 AM

:)

i agree i'm offended by the name... LOL

Oh yeah that was a joke.

almost as funny as the line "what the difference between a triathlete and.............Lipstick!"

:)

silvercannonca    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 41
POSTED: 3/18/10 1:28 AM

wow. You can't just not participate? instead, you have to make it a political forum and put down other people and the name they choose? I see this all the time in the DC tri club postings and it makes the club very uninviting -- people on this forum making snarky remarks about people's questions (if the questions annoys you, then don't read it, putting down the person who asked the question is not appropriate), people's posting, etc. What's up with that? Isn't this meant to be a forum where we all support each other, be positive, share training, answer questions, ask questions, etc. Apparently you never watched Bambi as a child, "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all". it's not like they are advocating violence, discrimination, ill treatment of others -- they are simply naming their training group lipstick. if you do not want to join in on a training program, that's cool, but leave it at that. Positive thoughts only -- the non-positive belong in your blog/letter to the editor/women having dinner groups (is 'women' an ok word to use? can they be having dinner? is that ok? can I wear lipstick, to dinner, is that ok?) ....

trithis73's ravatar trithis73    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 525
POSTED: 3/18/10 6:33 AM

Seriously people. I understand we live in the most political city in the world. Team Lipstick is a NAME, a name of a good program talored to female atheletes, helping them with specific training and giving them a network to fellow female competitors of a similar or better level than themselves. Don't knock it for the NAME. Todays society has become so dependant on being politcally correct enough, we don't need to have it hit our sport. So let's try not to spoil this tread with negativity. Constructive comments like, " I did this program didn't like the way it was organized...ect." Our NTPers read these treads, and they are new to our sport and our club. Are we gonna show them that this is not about having a good time, networking, learning new training avenues, or training groups and programs. This what this forum is about. Not knocking every damn idea that comes out.

ducke's ravatar ducke    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 91
POSTED: 3/18/10 7:27 AM

There was some people last year at Nations from Team Lipstick. I saw them at the end of the race doing group photos, laughing there asses off and having a good time. Working hard, racing hard, and having a good time. That is what it is all about.

trithis73's ravatar trithis73    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 525
POSTED: 3/18/10 11:46 AM

Goob,
I bet when they looked at the photos they took. Everyone of them your were in the back ground doing muscle magazine poses.

xena's ravatar xena    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 138
POSTED: 3/18/10 8:08 PM

A worse sin than the name, and we all know I love offensive names, is that their website is static and not clickable.

Seriously.

POSTED: 3/18/10 11:15 PM

You are right, Zena. The webpage appears to be live, but all of the links are dead. I've complained to the director Laura before. Pls send me questions, kildaylisa at yahoo dot com

Btw, my pirate name is: Iron Bess Kidd

I think it should be: Iron Bess Kilday

www.piratequiz.com

xena's ravatar xena    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 138
POSTED: 3/18/10 11:23 PM

Dread Pirate Kidd says keep me in the loop. Always willing to help a fellow wench out.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria